Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Food Processor attachment to dice veggies? Where to buy?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 6:16 am
Besides for shredding and slicing are there food processor attachments that dice vegetables? If yes, where can I buy it and what brand?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 7:32 pm
bump

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 7:41 pm
I have never heard of such a thing.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 8:57 pm
There is none. I looked into this years ago.
There is a French fry cut attachment, so you can process it into that shape, and then further cut by hand or then wiz it on pulse with the knife blade for a second but you won't get nice dice.

cnc

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 9:18 pm
ra_mom wrote:
There is none. I looked into this years ago.
There is a French fry cut attachment, so you can process it into that shape, and then further cut by hand or then wiz it on pulse with the knife blade for a second but you won't get nice dice.

Which blade is a French fry attachment?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 9:41 pm
cnc wrote:
Which blade is a French fry attachment?

You need to purchase it separately (Braun). I bought mine at Duddy's almost a decade ago. Makes small fries but awesome attachment.
https://www.amazon.com/Braun-C.....MN7S6

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 2:41 am
you can dice with a magimix. the french fly slicer with a blade.

sourstix

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 2:05 pm
Op you could chop vegetables with an ' s' blade. From the food processor. I know people who do that it won't look like squares but chopped and it's ok for like a vegetable soup. Just be careful when you chop cause it could cut it small very quickly.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 8:01 pm
sourstix wrote:
Op you could chop vegetables with an ' s' blade. From the food processor. I know people who do that it won't look like squares but chopped and it's ok for like a vegetable soup. Just be careful when you chop cause it could cut it small very quickly.

I wanted it for salad

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 8:03 pm
not a food processor, but it's quicker than chopping by hand:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.c.....M0Iaw

sourstix

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 8:07 pm
Op if you went to all food processor s and didn't find anything then there is none. Braun doesn't have neither the magic mill. I have them both. I agree it would be nice to have it.

Meantime I cut salad by hand.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 8:27 pm
RachelEve14 wrote:

So cool! I watched this video after reading your post. This food processor really does have a bunch of great attachment functions, but boy, how many bowls and feeders and different pieces to wash and store. Smile I wonder if it's available in the US. (Dicing option shown at around 4:20 minutes.)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t.....UZTow

L K

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 8:53 pm
As far as I know Braun has an adjustable French fries attachment,so you can choose how thick you want them to be.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 9:03 pm
ra_mom wrote:
So cool! I watched this video after reading your post. This food processor really does have a bunch of great attachment functions, but boy, how many bowls and feeders and different pieces to wash and store. Smile I wonder if it's available in the US. (Dicing option shown at around 4:20 minutes.)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t.....UZTow

Cool machine!

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 9:34 pm
Wow that's pretty cool. So it appears that the French fry slicer is powered by human force without the assistance one would get with a lever action fry slicer. I see that Amazon has the bowls but not the motor base I'd be interested in knowing more about it.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 1:15 am
RachelEve14 wrote:

just watched the video, very interesting. Do they sell these in the US? Do you have it and recommend it? In the video it looked like he was using a lot of force. Doesn't the machine do it for you?

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 2:52 am
amother wrote:
just watched the video, very interesting. Do they sell these in the US? Do you have it and recommend it? In the video it looked like he was using a lot of force. Doesn't the machine do it for you?

No idea if they sell it in the US. Yes, you have to use a decent amount of force and it doesn't dice so nicely on things like tomatoes but when I bought the machine the french fry maker came free so I had nothing to lose by trying it :-)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 6:38 am
L K wrote:
As far as I know Braun has an adjustable French fries attachment,so you can choose how thick you want them to be.

You can choose thickness length wise or widthwise?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen