Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dress: stereotypes, conformity, being genuine

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 3:30 pm
I like to fit in where I go. I also don't like pressure to fit in. I don't want to be judged. I want to be comfortable.

I am a yeshivish OOTer with creative/artsy style. Normally I wear lots of color, tichels, and glam make up.
My husband is yeshivish litvish (black and white).
We are eating at my husband's chassidish yiddish speaking only Israeli friends house for shabbos. I've never met them. I assume the wife will be in a short bobbed shaitle/hat and very conservative suit-like outfit. Her husband wears full Chassidish levush.
I don't want to be the not frum wife. How much do I dress up for them and how much do I be myself? I don't think this is the start of a friendship for me, but I don't want to mess up anything for my husband's sake. He really likes this guy.
I'm thinking I'll wear my shaitle, is shoulder length. I honestly don't think I have a single outfit that would be considered appropriate. What should I do?

L K

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 3:39 pm
Something more classic and neutral-color?
Not necessarily black but navy, cream.
A skirt of adequate length and fitted jacket or a nice blouse, with nice necklace.
Heels less than 4"))
Maybe more neutral makeup. Think natural rather than super hot smokey eye or crazy bright jewel tones (though they may look stunning if done right).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics