Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Modern family--goodness!!
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 6:55 pm
amother wrote:
Ive heard about this before but
Does any one actualy know ppl like this...
Androgynos - someone whith both gender charicteristics?
Tumtum - obscured male/femail charicteristics
Aylonit/saris a femail that developed into a mail and vice versa

I do know somebody like that. Family friends had a child like that when I was a young teen. I don't know details, because my parents wouldn't discuss such things, we were told that when he was born they couldn't figure out if he was a boy or a girl, but the doctors eventually figured it out. He had a few surgeries to correct whatever his issue was, but again, I wasn't given specifics.

So interesting, I haven't thought about them in years, as they moved to a different country a few years later and we didn't really keep up. I wonder if he ever got married.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 7:27 pm
Fox wrote:

While some people are happy transitioning, others might prefer to take medication to resolve their gender dysphoria. Or perhaps pregnant women could take a supplement during pregnancy to reduce the chances of a child with gender dysphoria. .

Details?

gp2.0

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 10:26 pm
But there's an obvious difference between a child who is actually born with an indeterminate s*x, versus a child who is born with a specific s*x but decides at some point that they want to be a different gender.

IMO people can choose to be transgender once they've reached age of consent. But parents labeling children as transgender is unconscionable.

About the boy choosing to be a shabbos mermaid: at my DD's 2 yo playgroup, everyone had the choice of being Shabbos Tatty or Mommy. Sometimes boys chose mommy and sometimes girls chose tatty. By the end of the year almost everyone had a chance to be both, the mommy and tatty. It's fun to play with different roles and wear different costumes. But it doesn't MEAN anything. I still don't understand what kind of behavior would indicate that a toddler was transgender.

As for the satmar link...a 4yo boy poking his p*nis with a pin in the bath...I don't even know where to start with that one.

cnc

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 10:35 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
But there's an obvious difference between a child who is actually born with an indeterminate s*x, versus a child who is born with a specific s*x but decides at some point that they want to be a different gender.

IMO people can choose to be transgender once they've reached age of consent. But parents labeling children as transgender is unconscionable.

About the boy choosing to be a shabbos mermaid: at my DD's 2 yo playgroup, everyone had the choice of being Shabbos Tatty or Mommy. Sometimes boys chose mommy and sometimes girls chose tatty. By the end of the year almost everyone had a chance to be both, the mommy and tatty. It's fun to play with different roles and wear different costumes. But it doesn't MEAN anything. I still don't understand what kind of behavior would indicate that a toddler was transgender.

As for the satmar link...a 4yo boy poking his p*nis with a pin in the bath...I don't even know where to start with that one.

In response to your last paragraph-fin it makes you calmer, you don't have to believe anything that you read. I noticed a few things in the article that I know are totally false. (I'm close with Abby Stein's close relative. )

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 10:52 pm
amother wrote:
Meanig does anyone know of a child being born with both gender charicterisics
of a child being born and not being able to distinguish its gender
Or a child born as a femail and turned into a male naturally or vice versa

yes.
Well not personally, But we know one of the rabanim who was involved in the situation and he told dh a little about it (no names). This was a girl who when hit puberty started developing manlike qualities. She had a deep voice, facial hair, never got period, etc.. When she was checked out by drs, they discovered (I dont' know with what method- ultrasound/xray?) inside her was male bodyparts that never descended. That's the last we heard. don't know what they ended up doing. I'm sure she stayed a girl. But I don't know details or if they tried to fix anything.

I guess, in essence her body was really a boy, but at birth it looked like a girl's private part so that's what she became. very sad.

Fox

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 11:24 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Fox wrote:
While some people are happy transitioning, others might prefer to take medication to resolve their gender dysphoria. Or perhaps pregnant women could take a supplement during pregnancy to reduce the chances of a child with gender dysphoria. . .

Details?

Not a real thing, but if it is, we're not likely to learn about it anytime soon, given the politics involved.

If you were depressed in 1987, your alternatives were psychotherapy and/or drugs that basically put you to sleep. In 1988, Prozac hit the market and Freudian-type analysts went out of business en masse. There is no reason to think that similar cause/effect/treatment models don't exist for gender dysphoria, SSA, or, for that matter, furries.

A doctor could say, "Okay, the brain scans reveal you have gender dysphoria. That's why you feel so out of sync. Your treatment options are hormone therapy with the goal of living as the gender that corresponds to your brain waves or taking this 20 mg pill each day to make your brain match your body."

or

"Here's a prescription for prenatal vitamins, and you should also consider taking 20 mg. a day of XYZ. If taken during the second trimester, it reduces the risk of gender dysphoria in the child by 50 percent."

ectomorph

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 11:51 pm
theoneandonly wrote:
My three year old son has mentioned more than once that he wants to be a girl. When I asked him why, once he told me it was because there are so many girls in his gan so he wants to be one too, once it was because girls wear necklaces and he wants to wear a necklace. According to some people nowadays, the fact that he talks about being a girl means he is trans and I should start transitioning him, like in this story: http://www.reuters.com/video/2.....84322

Does anyone really think a three year old knows whether he is a boy or girl? My son doesn't know what he wants for dinner--If I ask him three times I get three different answers. But we must bow at the altar of leftism, forgo all common sense, and treat little boys as little girls because they felt like it one day.

Exactly. My two year old is just figuring out that he is a boy. I don't confuse him by asking what gender he is. I could see getting him very confused like that.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 12:30 am
amother wrote:
yes.
Well not personally, But we know one of the rabanim who was involved in the situation and he told dh a little about it (no names). This was a girl who when hit puberty started developing manlike qualities. She had a deep voice, facial hair, never got period, etc.. When she was checked out by drs, they discovered (I dont' know with what method- ultrasound/xray?) inside her was male bodyparts that never descended. That's the last we heard. don't know what they ended up doing. I'm sure she stayed a girl. But I don't know details or if they tried to fix anything.

I guess, in essence her body was really a boy, but at birth it looked like a girl's private part so that's what she became. very sad.

I was under the impresion that a baby boy and girl which is determind at conception look the same until about 14 weeks or so at which piont they start to have a more identified gender aparence.

Are you saying that a boys parts took on the aparence of a girl or was it a child that was realy unidentifiable and who ever it was decided that the baby was a girl but were proven wrong in the end as some others wrote about in fascinsting posts...

And does anyone know the percentige of this happening?

dimyona

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 8:42 am
amother wrote:
I was under the impresion that a baby boy and girl which is determind at conception look the same until about 14 weeks or so at which piont they start to have a more identified gender aparence.

Are you saying that a boys parts took on the aparence of a girl or was it a child that was realy unidentifiable and who ever it was decided that the baby was a girl but were proven wrong in the end as some others wrote about in fascinsting posts...

And does anyone know the percentige of this happening?

It sounds like you're referring to androgen insensitivity syndrome, which occurs in 2-5 per 100,000 people.

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/a.....0.htm

ROFL

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 9:40 am
Glad someone mentioned Abby stein above.
I know one transgender person who thru the process first thought she was a lesbian than ended up transgender and now he lives with a man. So a woman turned man but living with a Man
In the Article about Abby Stein it says she is living with a woman
So how is it that they both worked hard to change and still have. A relationship with someone whom if they did nothing would have been the normative s-xual and gender partner.
I am seriously asking this without judgement. I really don't understand Going thru surgery and taking daily hormones etc just to be with someone you can be with anyways.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 4:00 pm
What would be the halachik status of a girl mature in to a boy or boy mature into a girl naturally
What gender would they be?
Would they truly switch gender apropriate clothing and all. Mitzvos obligations.
Would yichud/negia be a problem with the wrong gender?
Anyone know anything about this?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 4:11 pm
ROFL wrote:
I am seriously asking this without judgement. I really don't understand Going thru surgery and taking daily hormones etc just to be with someone you can be with anyways.

Understand that only 30% of transpeople go through complete top and bottom surgery. Most can accomplish developing their secondary $ex characteristics through hormones. And even hormones require a rigorous medical and psychological examination and continuing care.

I'm clueless as to why some trans people choose SS relationships, just as I'm about some women and men keep their spouses after they have transitioned. (Love and desire can figure into this equation.)

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 10:47 pm
http://www.acpeds.org/the-coll.....ldren

imasoftov

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 4:43 am
amother wrote:
http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....cians
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics