Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
ISO makeup that lasts all Shabbos

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 12:29 am
What eyeliner/mascara/lipstick do you use that lasts until Shabbos day? Looking for recommendations. My makeup is gone by the time I wake up, and I see people in shul who still have a lot of theirs left. What's the secret?

imeinu

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 12:48 am
skin type

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 2:22 am
Sleep with a silk pillowcase, it helps the makeup stay. For my lips I use the revlon colorstay lipstick (it says 16 hours but lasts me through a 3 day yom tov). The trick is to apply to your lips, wait 15 min for it to be rlly dry and then add the gloss.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 4:15 am
Following! I also am interested to hear about eye shadow. I've been using Urban Decay eye shadow primer, shadow and liner and it's still all gone in the mornings (except for yucky smudgy liner under the eye). And I spent a lot on that Mad

Smile1234

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 7:59 am
have you tried model in a bottle? its a spray that seals the makeup on and it helps it stays on for longer. I've had some makeup on on third day yt wih it!

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 8:47 am
Eyeshadow--both of these work:
1. Mayballine color tatoo eye crome--use as a base and follow with powder, this will literally stay on for 4 days
2. Apply concealer to the eyelids. mix together setting spray (like nyx dewy finish) with your powder eyeshadow on a plastic surface or the back of your hand. The colors come out much more pigmanted and longer lasting.

Lipstick--mac longwear

Eyeliner--eyeco sinny liquid eyeliner--also used to tightline. Sometimes I use the mayballine color tattoo under the eyeliner, that helps too.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 9:11 am
For shabbos I find Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner lasts for two or three days. I am still looking for a mascara that works. Used to be a L'Oreal one that was great but they stopped making it and I only use drugstore mascaras, so I can guiltlessly get new ones pretty often. (If you do use high end mascara, I used Diorshow waterproof for shabbos sheva brochos and it lasted nicely). You didn't ask about blush but Origins makes one called "Pinch my Cheeks. It's a tiny little tube and literally stains your skin. As to eyeshadow, I don't wear it but yesterday I was early for an appointment and had time to kill so I went to a Sephora where I swatched some Burberry eyeshadow sticks on my hand. It's 24 hours, many handwashes and some fairly serious scrubbing with eye makeup remover later and it's still not gone. So, that.

sleepybeauty

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 9:52 am
I've tried several liquid lips and Mac Pro longwear works the best for me. Avoid anything oily or your lipstick will come off no matter how good it is.

I like the Mac paint pot as a base for eyeshadows and I find Anastasia eyeshadows last all Shabbos with it. The urban decay eyeshadow primer potion works insanely well, but I don't care for the texture as much. I use it for Yom Tov or if I really need to make sure my makeup lasts.

My favorite mascaras are Too Faced and it cosmetics- hello lashes extensions.

esther990

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 10:14 am
Eyes- mac primer and mac eye shadows, I use the ones in round little boxes. Works great.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 10:32 pm
I'm following this thread closely as I have the same problem. I would also appreciate more recommendations for blush that lasts. Thanks.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 10:39 pm
amother wrote:
I'm following this thread closely as I have the same problem. I would also appreciate more recommendations for blush that lasts. Thanks.

Take a small amount of your longwearing lipstick and dab it on very gently (a little goes a long way) on top of your foundation. Follow with setting spray

frumNYC

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 5:51 am
Following

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 8:08 am
amother wrote:
Sleep with a silk pillowcase, it helps the makeup stay. For my lips I use the revlon colorstay lipstick (it says 16 hours but lasts me through a 3 day yom tov). The trick is to apply to your lips, wait 15 min for it to be rlly dry and then add the gloss.

I've heard many people say this, but that lipstick barely lasts Friday night for me!

Revlon Colorstay 24 hour liquid lipstick (I think it's called overtime ultimate or something like that- not the one with the gloss on the other end) used to stay on my lips through Shabbos. Now it comes off Friday night:( and I haven't found anything that really works.

My makeup used to stay on really well, it doesn't anymore... part of that might be that I don't work as hard on it- I used to sleep on a slip, but after marriage I found that even that didn't work anymore.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 1:16 pm
amother wrote:
For shabbos I find Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner lasts for two or three days. I am still looking for a mascara that works. Used to be a L'Oreal one that was great but they stopped making it and I only use drugstore mascaras, so I can guiltlessly get new ones pretty often. (If you do use high end mascara, I used Diorshow waterproof for shabbos sheva brochos and it lasted nicely). You didn't ask about blush but Origins makes one called "Pinch my Cheeks. It's a tiny little tube and literally stains your skin. As to eyeshadow, I don't wear it but yesterday I was early for an appointment and had time to kill so I went to a Sephora where I swatched some Burberry eyeshadow sticks on my hand. It's 24 hours, many handwashes and some fairly serious scrubbing with eye makeup remover later and it's still not gone. So, that.

Where do you buy pinch my cheeks origins blush stain? I looked online, and don't see it anywhere.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Sep 03 2018, 1:30 pm
I apologize I got the name slightly wrong. It's pinch YOUR cheeks. Looks like it's been discontinued but I just ordered it for Dd (thank you for reminding me!) on amazon. Ebay has it too. When you use it start out with VERY little-- literally a pinhead sized dot, and blend it immediately. You can always add more but trust me this stuff doesn't move once it's on.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 1:02 am
Any new long lasting lipstick recommendations that dont clump and peel by the next day?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics