Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Verizon landline bill-franchise fee Peg fee

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 5:17 pm
What are these fees, franchise fees, Peg fees, and do we have to pay them?

esuss

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 5:43 pm
You saw those fees on your bill?
I don't know what these fees are but I once had an issue with Verizon landline. They were charging me some fees with obscure names like that. I called numerous times and they kept asking if I own a business. After trying numerous times someone there was able to figure out the prob. The # was previously used by a business and these fees were left over from that.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 3:45 am
esuss wrote:
You saw those fees on your bill?
I don't know what these fees are but I once had an issue with Verizon landline. They were charging me some fees with obscure names like that. I called numerous times and they kept asking if I own a business. After trying numerous times someone there was able to figure out the prob. The # was previously used by a business and these fees were left over from that.

Maybe it's time for me to call Verizon back again. Actually we've have had Verizon for many years and this is the first time I noticed it. I don't think it was but I'm not entirely sure that it was on previous bills. When we spoke to Verizon they showed us online that due to franchise they have to collect it. But I don't understand what it is, or if they should be collecting it.

sourstix

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 3:50 am
Ask them to explain it

amother
Yellow

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 5:10 pm
I checked, and it wasn't on previous bills. This is new. The representative we spoke to wasn't clear about it either and just repeating what it said online like a broken record, so I don't think he knew what this is either.

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 6:26 pm
These taxes and charges routinely show up on my Verizon Cell bill. I don't know how it works for a land line, I haven't had one in over a decade.

Here is a link that explains them:
https://forums.verizon.com/t5/.....35206

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 5:08 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
These taxes and charges routinely show up on my Verizon Cell bill. I don't know how it works for a land line, I haven't had one in over a decade.

Here is a link that explains them:
https://forums.verizon.com/t5/.....35206

Thanks. So it looks like it's unavoidable, but I'm wondering why suddenly now?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics