Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Mearat hamachpeila & Kever Rochel

frumPA

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 12:41 pm
Question is there any bus that goes to both kever rochel and mearat hamechpeila from yerushalayim? I am not looking for atour as I have 3 little kids. I just want to go to each for a short time and then return to jerusalem. If not I sit safe to drive to kaver rochel on our own in a rental car and the return to yerushalyim and take a bus to mearat hamechpela? Please post any info for me. would greatly appreciate it.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 1:28 pm
There is a bus that goes directly to Kever Rachel, the 163. Goes about every hour or so, drops you off, goes to do another route, comes back an hour later and you get back on the bus.

Im not sure about a bus also going straight to mearat hamachpaila though.

etky

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 1:35 pm
The 381 goes from Jerusalem to the Mearah via the Gush and Kiryat Arba throughout the day. About every 45 min to an hour, from the central bus station, depending on the time of day.

frumPA

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 2:13 pm
But there is no bus that stops at both places?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 2:16 pm
frumPA wrote:
They arent really near each other at all.

treestump

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 2:16 pm
frumPA wrote:

There used to be a private bus very early Friday morning that stopped at Kever Rochel for 15 minutes, then went to Mearis Hamachpeilah for an hour... I'm not sure it still exists.

frumPA

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 2:21 pm
Is it safe to drive to kever rochel on our own or should we take a bus? We wouldnt drive to mearas hamachpeila.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 2:22 pm
frumPA wrote:
Is it safe to drive to kever rochel on our own or should we take a bus? We wouldnt drive to mearas hamachpeila.
Its much safer than going to hevron, but I would still say that if you can take the bus, just take the bus.

cbg

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 4:23 pm
frumPA wrote:
Question is there any bus that goes to both kever rochel and mearat hamechpeila from yerushalayim? I am not looking for atour as I have 3 little kids. I just want to go to each for a short time and then return to jerusalem. If not I sit safe to drive to kaver rochel on our own in a rental car and the return to yerushalyim and take a bus to mearat hamechpela? Please post any info for me. would greatly appreciate it.

We did exactly this last year in early June
We drove to kever Rachel, very easy, and there's parking.
Then we went back, parked in Center 1, and took the bus to Maarat Hamachpela.
If I remember correctly, you take the Kiryat Arba bus, BUT not all buses go down to Maarat. You need to ask. That being said you will need to stay several hours, since not all buses go all the way down. Ask what time the bus will come back down.
In the summer there are more buses, tour buses, that go to both.
We've done that other years.
You see them advertised in Geula.

etky

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 4:54 pm
cbg wrote:
We did exactly this last year in early June
We drove to kever Rachel, very easy, and there's parking.
Then we went back, parked in Center 1, and took the bus to Maarat Hamachpela.
If I remember correctly, you take the Kiryat Arba bus, BUT not all buses go down to Maarat. You need to ask. That being said you will need to stay several hours, since not all buses go all the way down. Ask what time the bus will come back down.
In the summer there are more buses, tour buses, that go to both.
We've done that other years.
You see them advertised in Geula.

Or, instead of driving all the way to the bus station and then having to spend half an hour on the bus as it makes its way back south, taking you right back where you came from, you can catch the 381 as it exits Jerusalem at Gilo. Drive 2 minutes from Kever Rachel to the southern exit from Gilo, find parking as near as possible to the bus stop at the tzomet and just take the bus from there. Saves you a huge amount of time both ways.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics