Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The more I lose the more self conscious.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 7:44 pm
So I have heard all my life how losing weight would boost my confidence. However now that I have lost a significant amount 40+ lb which is alot for my body and enough to make heads turn and question is it me or my sister? Lol the more self conscious and self absorbed I am becoming! Every min of everyday now! I feel awful. I feel like instead of my confidence going up if anything it's gone down?! Huh? I'm wearing gorgeous designer wear and I have a pretty face what more could I want? And yes I do love it! Yet the more I think of how I look when when I see myself in the mirror the more negative the thoughts are becoming. Can anyone identify with weight loss and self awareness? I'm not sure how to deal with all this its all new for me and uncomfortable. When I was fat it was easier to be ignored!!

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:50 pm
For me, it's that "what, so you thought I was fat and therefore not good enough before" feeling. But that could just be me.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 12:43 am
When you were fat you were hiding behind the pounds and were invisible to others, but also apparently to yourself. Now the weight has melted away and you have to confront the other issues that can come now to the foreground. Also, the constant scrutiny of ones exterior image - by others and by yourself -that happens during weight loss makes one extremely self aware and this sometimes turns inwards as well. Personally I found weight loss to be a very introspective process - one that eventually also incurred changes in my lifestlye that had nothing to do with diet and weight. Ultimately it turned out to be a very positive thing.
BTW you will slowly get used to being visible to others but it takes time. In the beginning you feel very exposed and yes, there's definitely that "what, so you thought I was fat and therefore not good enough before" feeling which is also difficult.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 12:47 am
This is so interesting but I think more common than you realize. I myself have seen a number of girls lose a lot of weight and watched their whole personality change. I think the reality is that when you are slimmer, you naturally become more vain. Vanity will definitely make you more self absorbed and not necessarily more confident. I think it actually brings on more insecurities because you are suddenly comparing yourself to those around you.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 1:52 am
Congratulations for losing

Can u share how u did it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise