Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Lakewood Property Tax
Previous  1  2

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 2:03 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you, it's in the Arlington area. I have been looking on Zillow but the tax rates are from 11K to 12K range in 2015. A lot of houses have even lower tax rates. It really varies. If you live in the Arlington neighborhood, can you share how much you pay for property tax? Thanks.

I live in a single family, new construction home in the Arlington area. We pay about 12k in taxes.

amother
White

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 2:07 pm
I live in the area. Duplexes are about 9 and half thousand. Single is definitely in the 12ish area. Thing is we all just got reassessed and value went up so not sure what will happen with new tax rate. It can go higher or stay the same.

amother
White

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 2:08 pm
If ur looking at those single houses on elm street it may be more since theres a double basement.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 3:51 pm
Just saying, in in the Arlington area, new construction home, and not finding a tenant as easily as we though we would.
So make sure you have a backup plan in terms of being able to afford taxes.

sourstix

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 4:08 pm
I second what coffee said. U need a backup plan in case the tenant thing doesn't work well. Which can. With tenants u never know

amother
White

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 4:51 pm
Interesting I thought brand new basements get taken fast in the area. But yes I heard lots of pple are having problems cuz they cant get tenants and cant afford their mortgage.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 6:47 pm
amother wrote:
Just saying, in in the Arlington area, new construction home, and not finding a tenant as easily as we though we would.
So make sure you have a backup plan in terms of being able to afford taxes.

yes, this. I know people with brand new houses who have a hard time finding tenants.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:
Interesting I thought brand new basements get taken fast in the area. But yes I heard lots of pple are having problems cuz they cant get tenants and cant afford their mortgage.

Not anymore. It used to be tenants were fighting for apartments. Now there are so many. It kind of goes in cycles.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:17 am
Thank you very much for all your responses! We're still thinking through all of this.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 6:18 am
I think new construction homes tend to have much higher property taxes than older homes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating