Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
"A Different Pesach Program" - feedback?

Ashrei

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 8:45 pm
Or any insight on the whole pesach villa thing in general? (any other villa programs?)

My biggest question is: How much food do they provide and what do you wind up having to fend for yourself on? And how are the resources there for getting your own stuff if necessary? What about cookware, plates, etc etc... It's the food and seder logistics that concern me the most.

And otherwise, there's davening, local activities - I suppose past the food it's pretty straightforward...?

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 9:09 pm
We went last Pesach for the first time. We had the same concerns. There was a ridiculous amount of food (and it was excellent). They give you some stuff, but we went to Wal-Mart chol hamoed and bought some paper goods and plastics. I think they would have given more if we asked but it was easier to just have it and not worry. I brought with the things they suggested. They give you a list.

All the food is heat and serve. They give you a frying pan if you want to cook eggs or something. We didn't use it. They also supply a crock pot and a hot pot.

We would definitely go back. We preferred it to hotel programs we have been to because of the villa etc. On Yom Tov we missed some of the level of programming you get at a hotel. We took my parents and my non-frum in laws. They were all comfortable there.

Ashrei

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 10:12 pm
Amother thank you, that was amazing info, thank you x 10.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 10:28 pm
Last year went to Pesach at Lake Tahoe and really liked it. Tons of food/ heat and serve.. Chabad of S. Lake Tahoe runs it. You have choice of many hotels to stay in by the shul. There is no programing like at hotel, but you are in Lake Tahoe and it's stunning (although it did snow one day). They came in and kashered the suite (kitchen) the morning we checked in, and gave us urn, hot plate. lots of paper goods. There was much more food than we could eat and it was heimish/yummy. It was really more "us" than the hotel program. Quiet, relaxing. The shluchim invited us to eat by their family during chol hamoed one night (all 50 of them...was fun). Much cheaper than hotel too!

Ashrei

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 10:36 pm
Oh amother gray it sounds wonderful. If anything we'd want to be closer to NY, not farther. A shame but perhaps someone else could benefit from your feedback on that program. That is what I'm looking for - no hotel programming, just full service food and a nice setting.

Ashrei

Post Fri, Dec 23 2016, 9:07 am
bumping for any more feedback for "A Different Pesach Program"

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Dec 23 2016, 9:20 am
Ashrei wrote:
Or any insight on the whole pesach villa thing in general? (any other villa programs?)

My biggest question is: How much food do they provide and what do you wind up having to fend for yourself on? And how are the resources there for getting your own stuff if necessary? What about cookware, plates, etc etc... It's the food and seder logistics that concern me the most.

And otherwise, there's davening, local activities - I suppose past the food it's pretty straightforward...?

We were at this program last pesach and had the most amazing time! There is so much food! They provide you with all the paper goods! You just need to ask your server , they come around in the morning and drop off your food in the villa. We loved it! The houses were gorgeous and really enjoyed the pool! You should just be aware that it's not fancy at all, everything is paper and plastic.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Dec 23 2016, 10:16 am
amother wrote:
Last year went to Pesach at Lake Tahoe and really liked it. Tons of food/ heat and serve.. Chabad of S. Lake Tahoe runs it. You have choice of many hotels to stay in by the shul. There is no programing like at hotel, but you are in Lake Tahoe and it's stunning (although it did snow one day). They came in and kashered the suite (kitchen) the morning we checked in, and gave us urn, hot plate. lots of paper goods. There was much more food than we could eat and it was heimish/yummy. It was really more "us" than the hotel program. Quiet, relaxing. The shluchim invited us to eat by their family during chol hamoed one night (all 50 of them...was fun). Much cheaper than hotel too!

Do you know if you could still ski on Lake Tahoe Mtn. or was it too late in the season?

No skiing at the Different Pesach program as it's in Florida.

Both look good IMHO.

doctorima

Post Fri, Dec 23 2016, 10:23 am
I wasn't at the Tahoe Pesach program, but I know somebody who was there last year for Memorial Day weekend and went skiing, so Pesach should definitely be safe!

Ashrei

Post Sat, Dec 24 2016, 11:16 pm
Bumping the post to see if there's any more feedback on the program.
Amother Jade, would it be possible to PM? I was wondering anyway about the seder night, I suppose they supply everything you need for the seders? Why are there some negative review on Chowhound (from 2015)?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 1:41 pm
Bumping this up as well. We are considering this program (I know, very last minute!) and would love some feedback. We've been to "regular" Pesach programs in a hotel, resort etc. So I'm curious about sedarim, the programming (the website is a little sparse), etc.

What kind of crowd goes? Very fancy? Normal? Basically, what kind of clothes do I bring? Smile

Thanks!

mummyto2

Post Wed, Dec 27 2017, 2:46 pm
looking for some more info on the program pls
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics