Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Lakewood - Fully detached house with basement rental

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 11:47 am
We might be moving to Lakewood soon. I do not like the development housing in Lakewood. I would like a proper backyard and front yard and not be in top of my neighbors. The new construction houses though are built very smartly for a frum family and the basement rental is a huge plus. I have been to White Oak before and really liked the housing there. I understand that the Lakewood neighborhoods are pretty much age ranges. I am 29 and my oldest kid is 4. What areas in Lakewood should I look into and approximately how much do the houses cost in that area?

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 12:35 pm
I don't know about which community is good for a young couple, but a new construction single home is minimum 699 k.

SingALong

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 12:55 pm
White oak might have an older crowd. Maybe emerald hills? Similar size homes in a nearby area but a younger crowd, mid 20s I think

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 1:48 pm
I don't know about age ranges but I didn't buy a house based on that at all.

My neighborhood is much younger then me and I don't care I still have young kids. So that helps. I bought what I could afford.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:37 pm
As a general rule, the newer areas will have younger families. White Oak has been around for a while, so the little children that moved in when it was new are now grown.

ETA: If you are planning to rent the basement to cover the mortgage, beware. I am sure you must have read 100 times already that it's hard to find tenants these days. Especially in developments that are far from the center of Lakewood.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:43 pm
What type of crowd are you looking for?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:45 pm
I know the newer areas will have younger families. I do not know the newer areas. I just know that I like a place like White Oak and I am asking for names of areas that have similiar housing to White Oak in my age range. Any other place besides Emerald Hill? Are there any areas that have fully detached older houses and if I fix up the basement I will be able to find a tenant? Id imagine the tenants would want to live in a place where a lot of people have basement tenants.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating