Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Berkeley riot organizer = insane idealogue
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 11  12  13  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 2:42 pm
Maya wrote:
I am not interested in contributing to this conversation.

Congratulations, you've succeeded at not contributing anything to this conversation.

Maya wrote:
I'm only taking issue with your way of condescending to those who see things differently than you do.

I only condescend to faulty facts, not to people with different points of view. Different points of view are just fine by me, especially if their facts can prove me wrong. Unlike some people, I can hear things I don't agree with, and still respect a person who gives me a strong argument.

Maya wrote:
I am just explaining my feelings.

I hope you feel better soon. Here, have a puppy.

Maya wrote:
I'm sorry if that's too much for you to handle.

Nope, I'm good. It seem too much for you to handle, though.
You might want to consider therapy. It's not healthy to get so worked up like that.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 2:57 pm
In sum ... everyone here who has expressed an opinion has condemned Yvette Felarca. Nevertheless, its OK for the right wing here to say that she represents the opinions of all leftists because, well, calling her a "psycho" is support. And they're sure everyone on the left really does support her.

A tape of Milo Yiannopoulis was released by the Reagan Batallion a right-wing group. Having reviewed that tape, the American Conservative Union, which founded and hosts CPAC, decided to rescind Yiannopoulis' invitation, stating, "due to the revelation of an offensive video in the past 24 hours condoning pedophilia, the American Conservative Union has decided to rescind the invitation of Milo Yiannopoulos to speak." They were not satisfied by his ex post facto explanation. Some people here, on the left, agreed with the position taken by CPAC.

The leftists, of course, are acccused of ignoring facts, not understanding the gay community, not reall\y listening to what poor, belaeaguered Milo said, and all types of columny. For agreeing with CPAC.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:02 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Nope, I'm good. It seem too much for you to handle, though.
You might want to consider therapy. It's not healthy to get so worked up like that.

Maybe you ought to go get yourself a puppy as well. And an adult coloring book. You seem to need them.

I wonder how you'd feel if people spoke to you, on your thread, with the absolute cruelty that you feel free to express to other people.

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:05 pm
DrMom wrote:
Correct. People who sometimes say offensive things are also covered by the First Amendment.

Aren't you an attorney?

Yeah. I'm an attorney. So here's how the law works: Milo has a sacred First Amendment right to his offensive speech at government-funded college campuses. That right should be legally protected no matter what.

Same goes for KKK marches and neo-nazis by the way. Sacred right to free speech as long as it's within the protections of the First Amendment - no matter how offensive.

But if someone comes here on imamother and starts being all sad because some people were destructive towards the marching Klansmen or the speaking Milo, yeah, I'm going to be surprised. And it's not a legal issue. No law requires imamothers to defend Milo and sympathize for him, same as with the poor Klansmen whose march was disrupted.

Again, it's one thing to say that this teacher/professor is wrong. It's another thing to say how wonderful Milo is and how horrible it is that all the mean liberals are being unkind to him.

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:11 pm
wondergirl wrote:
Both Rabbi Weiss and Milo have the same free speech rights. Their free speech rights is protected at public institutions but not necessarily at private institutions who are not bound by free speech in the same way that public universities are. That's the difference. Milo was prevented from speaking at a public university which is a violation of free speech while Rabbi Weiss was prevented from speaking at a religious institution who has the right to not allow him to speak there so his free speech rights weren't violated. If you want to protest that then you are saying that you want to remove the laws that enable religious/private institutions to determine who does or doesn't speak at their facilities. Is that the case?

The university didn't bar him based on his speech, as far as their argument will go. They cancelled his speech for safety reasons. Now you can argue that they should have protected him more and controlled the violence better and that's what his attorneys will claim and that's fine. It might be a good argument.

Rabbi Weiss has no first amendment rights, like you explained, because the First Amendment protects you from the government or gov funded agencies. Not from shuls.

wondergirl

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:13 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
In sum ... everyone here who has expressed an opinion has condemned Yvette Felarca. Nevertheless, its OK for the right wing here to say that she represents the opinions of all leftists because, well, calling her a "psycho" is support. And they're sure everyone on the left really does support her.

A tape of Milo Yiannopoulis was released by the Reagan Batallion a right-wing group. Having reviewed that tape, the American Conservative Union, which founded and hosts CPAC, decided to rescind Yiannopoulis' invitation, stating, "due to the revelation of an offensive video in the past 24 hours condoning pedophilia, the American Conservative Union has decided to rescind the invitation of Milo Yiannopoulos to speak." They were not satisfied by his ex post facto explanation. Some people here, on the left, agreed with the position taken by CPAC.

The leftists, of course, are acccused of ignoring facts, not understanding the gay community, not reall\y listening to what poor, belaeaguered Milo said, and all types of columny. For agreeing with CPAC.

1- Not everyone on the right said that everyone on the left supports Felarca or that they are ignoring anything about the gay community or legal consent age in different countries, etc.

2-CPAC disinviting Milo does not mean that you can call him names. Milo is wrong for calling people names but two wrongs don't make a right.

3-CPAC is not a public university and is presumably not bound by free speech so they are not violating his right to free speech.

4-Conservatives took action against Milo for what he said, will anyone take action against Yvette Felarca for her hateful speech and for inciting violence? Has she been arrested or fired from her job yet or is she above the law?

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:26 pm
Squishy wrote:
I missed the news where school teachers were assaulting his supportors, rioting, and setting fires.

It is the blatant disrespect and violence the left employs to shut down dissent.

Yeah. Personally I am really upset about all the leftie liberals who shut down the Westboro Baptist Church.

Here's what I mean: This religious organization, well, we may disagree with them because they think Jews are going to hell along with gay people and the media and they protest at soliders' funerals when they think those people are going to hell.

But chas veshalom a private citizen should shut them down.

Look, the Westboro Baptists are protesting at the Shalhevet high school in a week from today because "144,000 Jews will repent at the time of the Revelation of our Lord Yoshke Christ. All flesh knows that day is coming soon!"

Check it out: http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

It is certainly my hope that no one chases these nice people away from the high school. I mean, we don't want to shut down dissent. Even if we disagree, let's all just get along!

And by get along I mean, let's have our high schoolers listen to speeches about why God hates them and they're going to hell.

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:30 pm
wondergirl wrote:
My guess would be that they would want to call themselves colored in America for the advantages but that would be wrong and hypocritical considering their views on colored people. That said, it would probably be illegal to discriminate against them based on national origin which is not the same as race or skin color so they still wouldn't be considered colored unless there is a statute or court ruling that says otherwise.

Who is they? Who wants to call themselves colored? Are you still talking about Asians?

JFC. I'm Asian. My grandma was born in Mongolia and people ask me if I'm the kid from the Bamboo Cradle. Go ahead and ask me if I want to call myself colored in America for the advantages.

WT* is wrong with people.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:32 pm
Felarca was on administrative leave earlier this year for her prior actions. The school district is currently considering what actions it can or should take. Remember, she's a civil employee.

Yiannnopoulos referred to a reporter with whom he disagreed as “a typical example of a sort of thick-as-pig sh1t media Jew, who has all these sort of right, P.C. politics.” But calling him vile is all kinds of wrong. He is vile. I make no apologies. But I say that as a proud "thick as pig sh1t media Jew."

Laiya

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:33 pm
marina wrote:
Yeah. Personally I am really upset about all the leftie liberals who shut down the Westboro Baptist Church.

Here's what I mean: This religious organization, well, we may disagree with them because they think Jews are going to hell along with gay people and the media and they protest at soliders' funerals when they think those people are going to hell.

But chas veshalom a private citizen should shut them down.

Look, the Westboro Baptists are protesting at the Shalhevet high school in a week from today because "144,000 Jews will repent at the time of the Revelation of our Lord Yoshke Christ. All flesh knows that day is coming soon!"

It is certainly my hope that no one chases these nice people away from the high school. I mean, we don't want to shut down dissent. Even if we disagree, let's all just get along!

And by get along I mean, let's have our high schoolers listen to speeches about why God hates them and they're going to hell.

For perspective, this is a church with 40 members.

wondergirl

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:34 pm
marina wrote:
Who is they? Who wants to call themselves colored? Are you still talking about Asians? JFC. I'm Asian. My grandma was born in Mongolia and people ask me if I'm the kid from the Bamboo Cradle. Go ahead and ask me if I want to call myself colored in America for the advantages.

WT* is wrong with people.

I was talking about Chinese people (although other Asian groups have very similar attitudes). Is Mongolia a Chinese country? And are there any statutes or court rulings that would designate them to be people of color instead of white in America?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:37 pm
marina wrote:

I honestly think that's a brilliant idea. High school is the perfect time to do critical thinking exercises. They can write papers on the pros and cons of free speech, and express why they think it's a good idea or not. They can look at how other people interpret the Bible. They can discuss non violent civil disobedience vs. mob rule and vandalism.

I'd send my kid to school that day!

As Milo says, "Nothing disinfects like sunlight, so let the other guy have his platform."

sequoia

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:38 pm
wondergirl wrote:
I was talking about Chinese people (although other Asian groups have very similar attitudes). Is Mongolia a Chinese country? And are there any statutes or court rulings that would designate them to be people of color instead of white in America?

Mongolia is in Asia LOL

There are NO statues or court rulings designating ANYBODY ANY color in America. I guess your earlier question wasn't rhetorical. You don't seem to understand these are social constructs, not legal ones. Look at your passport. Does it say "white" anywhere?

You are terrifyingly ignorant.

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:39 pm
He seems to have so many smart things to say. Such a pity that publication of his book got cancelled.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:45 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Maybe you ought to go get yourself a puppy as well. And an adult coloring book. You seem to need them.

I wonder how you'd feel if people spoke to you, on your thread, with the absolute cruelty that you feel free to express to other people.

Really? Offering someone a puppy is cruelty? Report the SPCA for cruelty to lefties!

And you're going to compare a thread about a Jewish family in total crisis, with a political debate.

Refresh my memory. Who is calling WHO vile?

(I have my own coloring books, thank you very much. They are very effective at preventing me from attacking crowds of stupid people. I highly recommend them. I also have two rescue dogs. When they pass away, darn right I'll be getting a new puppy!)

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:53 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Really? Offering someone a puppy is cruelty? Report the SPCA for cruelty to lefties!

And you're going to compare a thread about a Jewish family in total crisis, with a political debate.

Refresh my memory. Who is calling WHO vile?

(I have my own coloring books, thank you very much. They are very effective at preventing me from attacking crowds of stupid people. I highly recommend them. I also have two rescue dogs. When they pass away, darn right I'll be getting a new puppy!)

I found her comments about your thread disgusting. She went beyond decency. Please know that there are people supporting you even if they aren't posting on that thread. To borrow a phrase from DT, "such a nasty woman".

We care.

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:54 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Now you're just being mean. You know how much facts upset liberals!

I can hear them running for their safe spaces now. I hope there's enough coloring books to go around. When they run out of coloring books they turn violent (which they tell me is a legitimate reaction to facts they don't like.)

I just don't get it. Don't you have a preteen or teen child? I have a daughter who will be 14 and no, that would be rape. She can't consent.

This is something you want to debate here? Really?

Last edited by marina on Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:02 pm
wondergirl wrote:

American law bars discrimination not only based on color or race, but also based on nationality or ethnicity. So I'm not sure why you are asking whether statutes or court decisions consider them people of color. It seems pretty irrelevant for any legal outcomes because those outcomes would be the same if we just consider nationality or ethnicity.

Now going to my happy place to color pictures of puppies in my Liberal Snowflake Coloring Book. TTYL.

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:07 pm
Quote:
As Milo says, "Nothing disinfects like sunlight, so let the other guy have his platform."

As an fyi, Justice Louis Brandeis came up with that, not Milo the Imamother Hero.

Quote:
Publicity is justly commended as a remedy for social and industrial diseases. Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants; electric light the most efficient policeman

another appropo quote from Justice Brandeis:

Quote:
Behind every argument is someone's ignorance.

wondergirl

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 4:10 pm
sequoia wrote:
Mongolia is in Asia LOL

There are NO statues or court rulings designating ANYBODY ANY color in America. I guess your earlier question wasn't rhetorical. You don't seem to understand these are social constructs, not legal ones. Look at your passport. Does it say "white" anywhere?

You are terrifyingly ignorant.

Asians are not a group as a whole. They are divided by Central and West Asian Americans, East Asian Americans, and South Asian Americans. It is complex and there are many court cases involved so it will take time to read and research all the cases mentioned-- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....tates
Page 5 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics