Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Berkeley riot organizer = insane idealogue
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 11  12  13  Next

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:12 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Felarca was on administrative leave earlier this year for her prior actions. The school district is currently considering what actions it can or should take. Remember, she's a civil employee.

Yiannnopoulos referred to a reporter with whom he disagreed as “a typical example of a sort of thick-as-pig sh1t media Jew, who has all these sort of right, P.C. politics.” But calling him vile is all kinds of wrong. He is vile. I make no apologies. But I say that as a proud "thick as pig sh1t media Jew."

Look, just because someone calls us that doesn't mean he's not a great guy. He probably meant it in the best possible way. I'm sure you, as a leftie liberal, wouldn't understand, but Milo was just alerting society to the dangers of the corrupt media and fake news reporting. He used Jew, but not as a slur- as most liberal outlets would have you believe, but just to highlight how as Jews, we need to rise above the fray and be a beacon to the other nations. That is truly what he meant.

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:14 pm
wondergirl wrote:
Asians are not a group as a whole. They are divided by Central and West Asian Americans, East Asian Americans, and South Asian Americans. It is complex and there are many court cases involved so it will take time to read and research all the cases mentioned-- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....tates

It makes no legal difference. Have fun researching cases before Jim Crow. It's good- law is always interesting.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:16 pm
Wow.

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:17 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Wow.

Which part? 😄

youngishbear

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:21 pm
Maya wrote:
Which part? 😄

All of it. Everyone. This thread is just so angry.

I want to add a corollary to the Voltaire misquote "I disagree with what you say but I will defend to death your right to say it" - "but please use nicer words if you want me to listen".

Last edited by youngishbear on Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

wondergirl

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:21 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Felarca was on administrative leave earlier this year for her prior actions. The school district is currently considering what actions it can or should take. Remember, she's a civil employee.

Yiannnopoulos referred to a reporter with whom he disagreed as “a typical example of a sort of thick-as-pig sh1t media Jew, who has all these sort of right, P.C. politics.” But calling him vile is all kinds of wrong. He is vile. I make no apologies. But I say that as a proud "thick as pig sh1t media Jew."

What were her prior actions?

Inciting violence is a felony regardless of the type of employee one is. Is there a reason why she was not charged for it (by the cops, not the school)?

If Milo is vile then what names do you use to describe a murderer or rapist? What do you call Felarca? How do you determine which names to use on whom?

wondergirl

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:23 pm
marina wrote:
It makes no legal difference. Have fun researching cases before Jim Crow. It's good- law is always interesting.

So national origin is the same as race, religion, and relations? If so, then why did they make a distinction between them and list them each separately?

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:24 pm
wondergirl wrote:
What were her prior actions?

Inciting violence is a felony regardless of the type of employee one is. Is there a reason why she was not charged for it (by the cops, not the school)?

If Milo is vile then what names do you use to describe a murderer or rapist? What do you call Felarca? How do you determine which names to use on whom?

Is it? In CA, it is a misdemeanor, not a felony. http://law.onecle.com/californ......html

Keep going, though.

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:25 pm
wondergirl wrote:
So national origin is the same as race, religion, and relations? If so, then why did they make a distinction between them and list them each separately?

It's not the same. If I'm having relations with my husband, I'm definitely not having religion or race with him.

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:26 pm
wondergirl wrote:

They are the same in that discrimination based on these protected characteristics is barred by federal law as well as the Constitution. I don't know what else you mean.

PAMOM

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:28 pm
Marina, I need your puppy-snowflake coloring book before I start shrieking my leftie liberal opinion.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:31 pm
PAMOM wrote:
Marina, I need your puppy-snowflake coloring book before I start shrieking my leftie liberal opinion.

Here take mine, I have a stuffed bunny I can hold on to.

wondergirl

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:34 pm
marina wrote:
Is it? In CA, it is a misdemeanor, not a felony. http://law.onecle.com/californ......html

Keep going, though.

Great, its a misdemeaner in California. Was she charged or is she above the law?

youngishbear

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:35 pm
marina wrote:

Keep going, though.

OOC, I read the link and I didn't see where it mentioned misdemeanor or felony. Do you mind clarifying please?

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:40 pm
wondergirl wrote:
Great, its a misdemeaner in California. Was she charged or is she above the law?

I guess you'll have to look into that. I'm busy reading this book:

But just as an FYI, many millions of misdemeanors never get charged for a variety of different reasons. Like if the alleged criminal's attorney is a friend of the prosecutor. But good luck with your zealous campaign to improve justice!

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:41 pm
youngishbear wrote:
OOC, I read the link and I didn't see where it mentioned misdemeanor or felony. Do you mind clarifying please?

felony is something that gets you over a year in jail. This specifically says less than a year, so it can't be a felony.

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:48 pm
marina wrote:
felony is something that gets you over a year in jail. This specifically says less than a year, so it can't be a felony.

What about assault with a deadly weapon - not a firearm. They could charge her with a felony. This could be on top of her misdemeanor.

marina

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:49 pm
Squishy wrote:
What about assault with a deadly weapon - not a firearm. They could charge her with a felony. This could be on top of her misdemeanor.

sure. I don't know either the CA criminal code or the allegations/factual details but why not?

wondergirl

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:58 pm
marina wrote:
They are the same in that discrimination based on these protected characteristics is barred by federal law as well as the Constitution. I don't know what else you mean.

Being religious does not make you a person of color nor does your national origin. But if you want to conflate it all and pretend that there are no differences between them then that is your prerogative.
However, can you bring a case in a court of law without classifying it to be religion, race, national origin, etc? How would you classify a Chinese American in the event of a discrimination lawsuit? How about Muslims or a Jews who are not religious or openly religious?

youngishbear

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 8:00 pm
marina wrote:

I did not know that. Thank you.
Page 6 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics