Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Corner house with back yard on the side

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:27 pm
We're looking to move and found a house with many great qualities. It's on the corner of a cup-de-sac and a slightly busier road. The back yard is fenced and positioned on the side of the house behind the bedrooms, so if my kids play outside I wouldn't be able to see them from the living room or kitchen windows.

Do any of you have a similar set-up? Have you found it to be a problem or not?

Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:30 pm
This is how it's always been in every home I've lived in, except that the backyard wasn't visible from the street. But hopefully your backyard is closed in so that the kids are safe there and you can go back to peek out the window from time to time.

momX4

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:54 pm
When a young frum family purchased such a house the first thing they did was put up a good fence. The entrance is in the front near the kitchen windows.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 10:12 pm
When I had CCTV cameras installed on the outside of my house, I put one facing my backyard too. This way - I do not need to run to a window to check on my kids. I can glance at whichever screen I am near. Maybe that is an option for you.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 12:28 am
amother wrote:
When I had CCTV cameras installed on the outside of my house, I put one facing my backyard too. This way - I do not need to run to a window to check on my kids. I can glance at whichever screen I am near. Maybe that is an option for you.

Great idea, thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating