Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shoes and clothes for 1 year old boy

lucky14

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 11:06 am
End of winter/beginning of spring clothing for a 1 year old boy. Very chubby stomach and legs so the pants have to have a lot of stretch in the waist. Looking for shabbos especially but also weekday. I'm looking for a few cute outfits, but can't spend a lot of money on clothing (we're on a budget)/ Does anyone have any suggestions please?

also he doesn't walk yet but he needs shoes for when he's outside (especially on the playground). What shoes should I get him?

Thanks for anyone who can help me out.

mha3484

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 11:50 am
I get my boys week day clothing at Target. My toddler wears pants or shorts a tee shirt and a hoodie. All mix and match. I like that because some times he needs a new pant size before shirt size or vice versa.

For shoes if its the first pair I like to get fitted at nordstrom. Then I go on 6pm and buy the next size up.

baschabad

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 11:57 am
Shoes for babies whose feet are still developing should allow for lots of movement. I like Robeez for little ones, as well Pedipeds which come in really cute styles.

Other brands may also work, but check if you can flex them easily. Not just by the toes but in the middle of the sole as well.

lucky14

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 12:29 pm
baschabad wrote:
Shoes for babies whose feet are still developing should allow for lots of movement. I like Robeez for little ones, as well Pedipeds which come in really cute styles.

Other brands may also work, but check if you can flex them easily. Not just by the toes but in the middle of the sole as well.

thanks, yeah I was specifically looking for soft shoes, more just to protect his feet from mulch not for "stability" since he isn't walking yet. Those are a bit pricey for me though. Are there any other brands that are a bit cheaper that you know of that are decent?

lucky14

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 12:32 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I get my boys week day clothing at Target. My toddler wears pants or shorts a tee shirt and a hoodie. All mix and match. I like that because some times he needs a new pant size before shirt size or vice versa.

For shoes if its the first pair I like to get fitted at nordstrom. Then I go on 6pm and buy the next size up.

Yeah we get some of his stuff from Target. Just looking for other options. I'm not that great with fashion and not good with picking out "cute" outfits.

mha3484

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 12:38 pm
I am fashion clueless. I get a variety of solid and patterned shirts and different solid color pants. You can get carters sets that are put together already. We have had many. This is my 4th boy.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 12:49 pm
Crazy8
Gymboree
H&m
Walmart
Oldnavy
Gap
Primark
Amazon
Shoes
Lemonlime
6pm
Zappos

lucky14

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:32 pm
Thanks everyone. If anyone has any specific outfit ideas (or pants especially) that would be super helpful. I know what stores to shop at it's just really hard for me to figure out what to match up and stuff. Sad (especially since I have to do everything online since I don't have time to go to the stores).

ectomorph

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 7:45 pm
Try to get hand me downs or buy a lot of early toddler clothing on eBay.

tovli toraspicha

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 7:02 am
you can get cute leather moccasin shoes on Amazon- for less than $15 , much cheaper than Robeez and he can walk in them also when the time comes. Just make sure you measure his foot and match it up to the measurements.

lucky14

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 9:06 pm
tovli toraspicha wrote:
you can get cute leather moccasin shoes on Amazon- for less than $15 , much cheaper than Robeez and he can walk in them also when the time comes. Just make sure you measure his foot and match it up to the measurements.

I never thought of looking at amazon for baby shoes, but I did and ordered something Smile thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics