Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tzitzes fashion

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 6:03 pm
Dh was saying that those Tzitzes with the 'fringes' are more in now and that he wants to have them. Cool however, I know nothing about Tzitzes or mens styles. Is it something that is worn more today's days than some years ago? Almost no one in our immediate family wears them.
For the record, I'm satmar from Brooklyn. Please answer only if you are of a similar place. .

123Smile

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 7:32 pm
If it's prettier and more in style then I guess it's a Hider Mitzvah.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 7:56 pm
Are you Satmar or even chasidish?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 8:03 pm
amother wrote:
Dh was saying that those Tzitzes with the 'fringes' are more in now and that he wants to have them. Cool however, I know nothing about Tzitzes or mens styles. Is it something that is worn more today's days than some years ago? Almost no one in our immediate family wears them.
For the record, I'm satmar from Brooklyn. Please answer only if you are of a similar place. .

U mean the volene with fringes on the bottom? Or they're cotton?
My brother (Satmar) wears them and I love the look! I actually first thought they're like a sefardi minhag (were not) or something but I asked my husband if he would get them and so far not. Check out Freund's or any other drygoods store, let them show it to u and ask which chasidus mostly buy.

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 8:11 pm
Lol
I didn't know know there's fashion in tzitzis....

123Smile

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 10:04 pm
I am chasidish. My hb wears them:)

youngishbear

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 10:17 pm
Immediate reaction to thread title:

Nooooooo....

I struggle enough with my own fashion and my daughters'. Please don't make buying tzitzis a fashion thing, too...

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 10:22 pm
I saw them advertised in Mishpacha a few weeks ago. I am not chassidish but when I saw them I laughed--why do tzitzis need to be fancy? I guess its different if you are wearing it on top of your shirt...

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 10:25 pm
amother wrote:
I saw them advertised in Mishpacha a few weeks ago. I am not chassidish but when I saw them I laughed--why do tzitzis need to be fancy? I guess its different if you are wearing it on top of your shirt...

The interesting part is that it is usually the more Chassidish men (that are not into fashion) that wear their tzitzis over their shirt which is why this whole fad is just bizarre.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 10:49 pm
can someone post a link? I'm curious!

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 10:57 pm
My husband wears cotton tzitzis weekday and wool tzitzis on shabbos and yom tov.
He likes the one with the fringes. He owns one and whenever the tzitzis comes back from the cleaners this is the one he chooses to wear first.
He's not into fashion but enjoys a new look and a little change up every now and then. Like a new belt or a nice pair of socks or the tzitzis with the frindges....
It's neat but I hears it's very hard to have it stay looking nice when you wash it yourself.
You can get it anywhere really. Dh grts his own stuff mostly unless I see something nicet or as a gift. I think dh got his at the "mikvah yeed".

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 11:05 pm
amother wrote:
can someone post a link? I'm curious!

http://www.judaicawebstore.com.....P8HAQ

tigerwife

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 11:30 pm
amother wrote:
http://www.judaicawebstore.com/-classic-wool-ultra-light-tzitzit-black-stripe-P1489.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQiA56_FBRDYpqGa2p_e1MgBEiQAVEZ6-0QSoXxsTZBqViSqYIh-6O8m-vzEcWAjjy_krtrP1hsaAvP78P8HAQ

Lol. Somehow I was imagining something much more funky.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 12:24 am
That's new? DH has had "dingles" on his shabbos tzitzis since before we were married, and we're grandparents. In fact they are so old fashioned looking he once lent them to a kid who was playing Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof. (We're MO, if that makes a difference.)

Iymnok

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 2:27 am
The fringes (frangiim in Hebrew) are chassidish. Check, they likely come with two holes to tie the tzitzis to in the chassidish minhag. Lavish has one.

Most wool has black stripes, Sefardi ones often don't.

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 10:38 am
The tzitzes with the fringes is considered nicer. But they just came out with a new look, where the strings overlap like and x and the fringes hang down from that. It could be your husband is referring to that. I will try to find a pic, so you could understand what I mean.

Shuly

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 5:55 pm
We are not chassidish but all of DH's wool tztzis have those fringes. I asked him about it and he said that all the Yerushalmi tzitzis come with fringes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics