Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Craziest place you found chumetz
Previous  1  2

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 10:49 pm
I'm reviving this thread for research purposes (I'm the one who started the thread for Pesach tips, I'm writing an article). Anyone have any more wackiness to share?

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 11:00 pm
About 10 years ago when my oldest was less than 5 years old I thought I could get away with not cleaning the top 2 shelves of a 7 foot bookcase how could the kids get chometz up there? Anyway about 2 days before Pesach I had to take a book down from the top shelf and found lots of Cheerios and animal crackers there. We had to reclean the entire bookcase and found lots more. It seems like when they were home with a babysitter they thought it would be great fun to see who could throw food the highest.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 11:04 pm
How about someone else's experience is that mean? I know someone who's really particular, started cleaning probably a week after sukkos, scrubbed down the whole house n everything in it... while cleaning the freezer she removed a black bag tightly knotted which she knew had expressed breast milk for her baby, she put it back only to remove again on pesach n see... it was a bag full of frozen challah dough... 😲 Since then she starts her pesach cleaning a lot later but goes through everything carefully

rachel6543

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 11:06 pm
When cleaning for Pesach, does anyone else find dead bugs in their kid's toy boxes? I always find a little chumetz mixed in with the toy blocks/legos, but I always seem to find at least 1-2 dead spiders too (ick, ick, ick!!).

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 11:32 pm
I found a Pesadik Oberlanders cake from in the car from the previous years Chop HaMoed outing. It actually still looked edible, although we didn't dare eat it.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 5:18 am
A pretzel in a haggadah!!!!

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 6:33 am
One of my first childhood memories was finding a package of pretzles on chol hamoed in my grandfathers car and burning it in the backyard.

L K

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 10:57 am
A lovely full-size moldy cream cheese sandwich in kids diaper bag. Definitely larger than a kezayis, and a doggy would probably have agreed to it eat.

A delicious piece of honey cake dropped by someone between window pane and screen, with no way of reaching it. It was just looking at us through the window.

Once moved apartments before Purim and was happily anticipating having to do almost zero cleaning. That is until I found a sock with a chunk of cake stuck to it, under a bed. Neighbors sent a little cake and my kiddo somehow got a piece into my bedroom.

miami85

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 11:19 am
I've never stayed home for pesach since I'm married (go to relatives), but I cringe at the thought b/c I've seen my kids use their dump trucks when eating their shabbos cereal (from a bag) and scooping up the cereal. I've seen my daughter tuck cereal inside the Hot Wheels cars and trucks.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 1:30 pm
Thanks, everyone! Keep 'em coming, please!

artz

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 1:43 pm
As a kid we have found a bag of super snack in the linen closet on bedikas chometz night

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 2:25 pm
Not specifically when cleaning for pesach, but I regularly find bread thrown into my bathtub. For some reason my toddler seems to think thats a great place to put it. Really though, I don't think there is any place I would think was impossible for the kids to reach--the crumbs are EVERYWHERE. AAAA I better start throwing out the chometz now!!

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 5:59 pm
amother wrote:
Not specifically when cleaning for pesach, but I regularly find bread thrown into my bathtub. For some reason my toddler seems to think thats a great place to put it. Really though, I don't think there is any place I would think was impossible for the kids to reach--the crumbs are EVERYWHERE. AAAA I better start throwing out the chometz now!!

Your child has apparently studied Ecclesiastes Shalach lachmecha al pnei hamayim...and took it literally.

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 6:05 pm
I gotta get out more. Nothing like this ever happened to me. Once found some lollipops I bought in advance for MM and forgot about in the corner of my closet, but they're not real chometz anyway. Amazing that I would forget about nosherei. I am normally exquisitely aware of the whereabouts of every morsel.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics