Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Horrible scratchy new EXPENSIVE linen
Previous  1  2

familyfirst

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:06 pm
Sorry for your frustration. That's disappointing:(
Try to enjoy your new set by just buying new sheets at target or wherever. They sell loose soft sheets that are not part of a set.
This way you can still enjoy the beauty of your set. And if the duvet cover is uncomfortable too, consider buying g a tops her tday you can put underneath the duvet so that your body is touching something comfortable.
That way you can enjoy your new set. It must be beautiful!

Lani22

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:06 pm
I would definately go back with the linen and insist on speaking with the manager. I bought a set when I was engaged from a frum linen store. It was also about $800. After one wash it pilled terribly. They insisted they had sold loads of that set and they had never had a problem. I came back with the linen and showed it to them. Only then did they admit that they had gotten in a bad shipment. I was given a credit and was able to pick something else out.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:17 pm
I didn't know that linen could be that expensive. I only buy from the Jewish stores and probably never spent more than $350. My newest set is about 2-3 years, holding up great and ever so soft. I would be devastated if I spent $800 and it did not feel comfortable! When I choose linen, I am very in to feeling for that cotton cool softness. The truth is, very often it does not feel like that in the store. I have to trust the worker who assures me that that it will feel the way I want after washing. They usually do know. I can't believe this happened to you. I guess try washing again with softener and if it still doesn't feel right, go back with the linen and ask for the manager.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:23 pm
Fabric softener will make a huge difference...

familyfirst

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:37 pm
Sorry for your frustration. That's disappointing:(
Try to enjoy your new set by just buying new sheets at target or wherever. They sell loose soft sheets that are not part of a set.
This way you can still enjoy the beauty of your set. And if the duvet cover is uncomfortable too, consider buying g a tops her tday you can put underneath the duvet so that your body is touching something comfortable.
That way you can enjoy your new set. It must be beautiful!

rachel6543

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 9:41 pm
Did you pay with your credit card? If so, contact your credit card company and explain the situation. They may be able to credit back your money.

Jstar

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 3:29 pm
https://www.parachutehome.com/ luxurious but affordable. and they have a return policy.

ChutzPAh

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 6:53 pm
If the owner isn't helpful, go to the credit card company

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Feb 20 2017, 8:11 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
op, can you speak to the store's owner? if it was a saleslady that yelled at you, she has a boss. speak to the boss. if they're nasty, let them know that you'll be warning your friends not to buy from them.

My sister had this also in frum linen store. For over 25 years she always bought the cheep stuff . She added money to a gift certificate that she had gotten as a gift and splurged on a beautiful set. Her problem wasnt with the softness, but hers wrinkeled terribly after washing and drying. She went back to the store with the linnen and was that sales lady nasty to her!! Yelling and screaming at her and making her feel awful. Kikebitscall her fault that this hapoened and "no one ever came back with this issue" (Is this all happening at the same store?!?) The owner was in the back and heard the "noise" and came out to see what was going on. He had to be polite to his sales lady in front of the costomer, but he "took over" and let her choose something else.
Dont know the follow up on the next set...

Its such a horrible feeling. So much money spent and it all goes to the garbage.

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 12:18 am
amother wrote:
My sister had this also in frum linen store. For over 25 years she always bought the cheep stuff . She added money to a gift certificate that she had gotten as a gift and splurged on a beautiful set. Her problem wasnt with the softness, but hers wrinkeled terribly after washing and drying. She went back to the store with the linnen and was that sales lady nasty to her!! Yelling and screaming at her and making her feel awful. Kikebitscall her fault that this hapoened and "no one ever came back with this issue" (Is this all happening at the same store?!?) The owner was in the back and heard the "noise" and came out to see what was going on. He had to be polite to his sales lady in front of the costomer, but he "took over" and let her choose something else.
Dont know the follow up on the next set...

Its such a horrible feeling. So much money spent and it all goes to the garbage.

Maybe they never had the wrinkly sheet problem before because the $800 linen clientele are the ones who have housekeepers ironing their sheets every week... LOL (or alternatively, they don't have a housekeeper and they assume that the reason their sheets are wrinkly is because they themselves are woefully insufficient homemakers because they somehow don't have time for all that ironing, but are too ashamed to admit it...)

Jeanette

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 12:25 am
I think it's been discussed on this site before... Before spending mucho $$$ at frum stores, price what you can get for the same money at a department store, even a high end one like Bloomingdales or L&T. More money spent does not necessarily equal greater value.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 12:32 am
cookiewriter wrote:

How could cheaper sets be better

This is the attitude that keeps some frum stores in business. Quality is objective. Feel the sheets before you buy them. Do research. Check out a product, and the customer reviews, online before putting down a large sum of money. In the meantime, go to Target and buy sheets and pillowcases to coordinate with the new set. May this be a kappara for you.

Ilovemaryland

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 2:24 am
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....lSrch

cookiewriter

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 5:56 pm
Hey everyone loving the support thx! The woman who yelled at me is kinda the owner. Well her parents own it but they are elderly. We share relatives so it's AWKWARD
I was told by many that $800 isn't a ton for queen size duvets. I DID feel it in the store. I could've sworn it felt soft. And to those who suggest buying at non jewish stores
I like to support local frum people. But maybe that needs to stop.
And amen that it should b kappara!!!!! Xoxo!

CPenzias

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 6:49 pm
Return it and dispute the charge. I'm assuming you paid with credit. Poop to these disgusting stores.

ChutzPAh

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 7:38 pm
CPenzias wrote:
Return it and dispute the charge. I'm assuming you paid with credit. Poop to these disgusting stores.

She can't return it. They won't take it back.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 7:41 pm
Ilovemaryland wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BTAUL7G/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1487661720&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=high+quality+sheets&dpPl=1&dpID=51G3pPdoOeL&ref=plSrch

Thank you for the link. I love buying linens. I'm going to bookmark it for my next affordable binge!

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 7:56 pm
From my experience it can take sometimes a while, like quite a few months or almost a year of washing until it gets really soft.

CPenzias

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 8:31 pm
ChutzPAh wrote:
She can't return it. They won't take it back.

Then keep it and dispute the charge

watergirl

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 9:45 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
Hey everyone loving the support thx! The woman who yelled at me is kinda the owner. Well her parents own it but they are elderly. We share relatives so it's AWKWARD
I was told by many that $800 isn't a ton for queen size duvets. I DID feel it in the store. I could've sworn it felt soft. And to those who suggest buying at non jewish stores
I like to support local frum people. But maybe that needs to stop.
And amen that it should b kappara!!!!! Xoxo!

Ok theres supoorting frum local people and theres paying $800 for something that should cost WAY less anywhere else. Go to Target or BBB and buy top of the line for $150 max. There is no reason to pay so much for something like that. Better to pay $100 at BBB and give $700 to a tzedakka and help those who truly need it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics