Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best price on takeout-type containers (for MM)?

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 10:47 pm
Thinking of doing salad in something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Clear-P.....NZX3P

But I don't need that many and would be nice if they cost less too. In a store is OK if it fits my needs better than online (re. buying in smaller quantities and/or at lower prices)

Alternatively, another thought I was having was to use those 4 or 6 sectioned plastic trays like they use in Oh Nuts - but I can't figure out what they're called, I tried so many search terms online and keep coming up with the wrong thing. So, what are they called and where can I buy them in a small quantity and best price?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 10:50 pm
Maybe Paperific? You can also try asking a takeout store if they would sell them to you.

amazingmommy

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 11:12 pm
I saw those outside variety corner. Paperific should also have these. Beautiful idea!
The four sectioned plates I found on papermart.com but only saw them being seller in a case of over 300:( but I didn't search further.
Good luck!

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 11:16 pm
My 4-year-old actually gave me the idea, inadvertently - I served "fruit salad" for dessert after supper, which means grapes and melon in the same bowl, thinking if you call it "salad" you get away with things "touching." At which point DD made it clear that this is no different than "touching" and what we really need are those sectioned containers that overpriced pre-cut fruit comes in. And I was like - that's what I should use for MM!

amazingmommy

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 11:33 pm
Yeah, I actually love the idea! And it looks very neat and classy.

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 12:26 am
Any idea what the pricing was like at variety corner? Going to assume that most places around there would have similar pricing even if not exactly the same; I'm just looking for a frame of reference since they can't be found online and I'd like some kind of plan before going shopping.

gibberish

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 12:49 am
EBay! Mine just arrived today and I think it was 18 dollars for 50 with free shipping.

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 12:53 am
What did you search for on Ebay? 50 is definitely overkill for me but I could probably find SOMETHING to do with them eventually... like host gifts for anyone we visit for the next 10 years...???

chaya35

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 9:18 am
seeker wrote:
Thinking of doing salad in something like this
https://www.amazon.com/Clear-P.....NZX3P

But I don't need that many and would be nice if they cost less too. In a store is OK if it fits my needs better than online (re. buying in smaller quantities and/or at lower prices)

Alternatively, another thought I was having was to use those 4 or 6 sectioned plastic trays like they use in Oh Nuts - but I can't figure out what they're called, I tried so many search terms online and keep coming up with the wrong thing. So, what are they called and where can I buy them in a small quantity and best price?

I have bought these by Paperific. I think they are 5 for $2.00.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 8:40 pm
Paperific should have them in the same price range as your link and you can buy as many or as few as you'd like. I've bought them there for that range.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 8:55 pm
If you're in Monsey, Rockland Kosher has those and lots of different sizes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics