Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How do you get off stubborn mildew on bathroom tile?

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 11:08 am
How do you get off stubborn mildew on bathroom tile wall and ceiling? Bleach and soft scrub aren't helping. Would barkeepers friend help?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 8:50 pm
Put on clothing that can get ruined. Place bleach in a clean spray bottle. Spray entire area very well. Allow to sit for an hour (make sure no one has access to the bathroom in the meantime). Then scrub with a scrub brush until it comes off.

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 10:28 pm
I also have moldy looking stuff on my grout and bleach doesn't help Sad
There's also a patch behind my sink where it's caulked to the wall that never scrubs all the way out and just keeps coming back wherever I do scrub it off. And if I ever stop scrubbing for a couple of weeks, heaven help us. I just don't know what to do! I promise it's not because of my bad housekeeping, it's despite all attempts!

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 12:53 am
Try tilex for moldand mildew. Really worked well for me in the past. Bh this apt doesnt have this issue.

Mold is VEEEERY hard to get rid of. And I'm saying it as an almost obsessively clean housekeeper.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 1:34 am
seeker wrote:
I also have moldy looking stuff on my grout and bleach doesn't help Sad
There's also a patch behind my sink where it's caulked to the wall that never scrubs all the way out and just keeps coming back wherever I do scrub it off. And if I ever stop scrubbing for a couple of weeks, heaven help us. I just don't know what to do! I promise it's not because of my bad housekeeping, it's despite all attempts!

Once mold has penetrated grout there is little you can do about it. If you get a retile done make sure the grout is sealed.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 3:10 am
thanks will try tilex and bleach again.
It's on the tile itself, not the grout.

sourstix

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 7:07 am
Home Depot has very good products for this. Check it out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry