Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Chocolate Bark recipe

boysmom4

Post Thu, Feb 04 2016, 10:30 am
can you all help me find a good chocolate bark recipe that I can
make to send over for a kiddush on shabbos??
Heard that it's in, and very easy!!

agreer

Post Thu, Feb 04 2016, 1:13 pm
Not really a recipe with amounts, more of a process:

Melt dark chocolate. Spread on wax paper. Should be a thick layer.

While still warm, add "toppings" of choosing: chopped nuts, crushed peppermint candy (yum), sprinkles, different flavored mini-chips (butterscotch, nougat, peanut butter), crushed rice krispies/conflakes/pretzels. You can make different "flavors".

For "fancier", melt dark chocolate, let harden, then melt while chocolate all over, then add toppings while white chocolate is still warm.

If you like, drizzle toppings with more melted chocolate.

Let cool and harden, break into pieces, and enjoy.

boysmom4

Post Thu, Feb 04 2016, 6:43 pm
thanks for the recipe
can I use baking chocolate or do I have to use better tasting chocolate?

agreer

Post Thu, Feb 04 2016, 11:45 pm
the better the chocolate tastes, the better the bark will taste!

minnie mouse

Post Fri, Feb 05 2016, 11:47 am
I make these all the time. Beware! These are addictive, you cant stop after one pc!

1 cookie sheet= 1/2 box honey graham crackers
1 1/2 st marg
1/2 C brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 bag sliced almonds, roasted or chopped viennese crunch (or any desired topping)
1 pk real choco chips

Lay crackers flat on cookie sheet. Boil sugar, marg, and salt. Stir bec sugar settles on bottom. pour onto crackers. Bake @350 for 10 min. remove from oven, add choco chips on top. Return to oven for 2 more min. Smear the chips, sprinkle desired topping. Freeze. Break into pcs when frozen.

p.s. If doubling the recipe, (entire box graham crackers) do not do double sugar, marg at once, rather do it separately for each cookie sheet.

Amarante

Post Fri, Feb 05 2016, 12:35 pm
This is a copycat of a very popular TJ product

COWBOY BARK: TRADER JOE'S COPYCAT RECIPE

The bark only takes about 5 minutes, making it the perfect fast, easy, and extremely satisfying treat. It's just melted chocolate, topped with a mixture of toffee bits, peanuts, almonds, pretzels, Oreos, and a sprinkling of sea salt. Sounds simple enough, but there’s something about the combination that’s just irresistible. Salty-and-sweet treats can do no wrong. The bark is a texture lover’s dream full of smooth richness along with crispy and crunchy in every bite. Use your favorite dark Chocolate bar, definitely not milk, and don't go too dark so that it's bitter. For the toppings, if you don't have all of them on hand, mix and match based on what you do have. The batch makes about 4 times what you’d get in one $3.69 9-ounce bag, enough to share with friends and they'll love you for it. Before beginning to melt the chocolate, have everything else chopped, prepped and ready to go.

INGREDIENTS:

16 ounces dark chocolate (1 pound; I used equal parts Dark Chocolate, and Milk Chocolate Bars; if only using one, select a favorite dark chocolate)
about 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels
8 chocolate-stuffed Oreos, roughly chopped (or use TJ's Chocolate Jo-Jo's; regular Oreos may be substituted)
1/3 cup toffee bits
1/3 cup coarsely chopped peanuts (I used roasted lightly salted)
1/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds (I used roasted lightly salted)
sea salt for sprinkling, to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Line a baking tray with parchment paper; set aside. Before beginning to melt the chocolate, have all the ingredients chopped, prepped, and ready to go so that they're ready to be added while the chocolate is hot and melty. I use my Mini-Prep Plus Food Processor to grind the nuts in seconds rather than hand-chopping, but I hand-chop the cookies.

Coarsely chop the chocolate or break into chunks to encourage smooth melting.

Place chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high power to melt, about 2 to 3 minutes, stopping every 15 seconds to check and stir until mixture can be stirred smooth. Be careful not to scorch it; or use a double boiler.

Pour melted chocolate onto parchment and with a spatula or offset knife, smooth into a large rectangle, about 10x15-inches, and about 1/8-inch thick; just eyeball.

Evenly sprinkle with pretzels, Oreos, toffee bits, peanuts, almonds, and sea salt to taste.

Allow chocolate to set up for at least 1 hour at room temp, or in the freezer for about 30 minutes.

After chocolate has set, break into pieces or chop with a knife. Bark will keep airtight at room temp for many weeks and in the fridge or freezer for many months.

saralea

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 11:16 am
This sounds delicious! Thanks! Can anyone recommend a good nut free parve chocolate to use? TIA!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 07 2016, 11:39 am
If you're using a simple parve chocolate, when melted, add a splash of vanilla and/or praline to take the chocolate to the next level.

balibusta

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 8:15 am
Any1 else have good bark recipe I can fo for shaloch manos?

boysmom4

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 8:31 am
I did in the end the most amazing recipe!
I melted in a double boiler 3 packs schmerling 72% cocoa chocolate
and one whole pack of baking chocolate
when melted I spread the chocolate on baking sheet thinly
sprinkled generously on the chocolate
chopped craisins ,
slivered almonds
chopped pistachios
all three add gorgeous color!
then a little coconut crunch on it

return the baking sheet to the freezer
when hard break it up into pieces
tasted heaven and looked beautiful
enjoy

Surprise

Post Fri, Jun 03 2016, 11:35 am
minnie mouse wrote:
I make these all the time. Beware! These are addictive, you cant stop after one pc!

1 cookie sheet= 1/2 box honey graham crackers
1 1/2 st marg
1/2 C brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 bag sliced almonds, roasted or chopped viennese crunch (or any desired topping)
1 pk real choco chips

Lay crackers flat on cookie sheet. Boil sugar, marg, and salt. Stir bec sugar settles on bottom. pour onto crackers. Bake @350 for 10 min. remove from oven, add choco chips on top. Return to oven for 2 more min. Smear the chips, sprinkle desired topping. Freeze. Break into pcs when frozen.

p.s. If doubling the recipe, (entire box graham crackers) do not do double sugar, marg at once, rather do it separately for each cookie sheet.

How much margarine?

goforit

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 1:35 pm
Hi did anyone try to make barks in a mold?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics