Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Why does he have a slight limp?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 8:27 am
My 19 mo fell 3 days ago, but nothing major. And since then he walks with a tiny limp. What could it be?

saw50st8

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 9:05 am
There's a virus that can settle in hip bone (sinovitus maybe?). You need to keep the child still for 3-4 days so it can heal.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 9:16 am
saw50st8 wrote:
There's a virus that can settle in hip bone (sinovitus maybe?). You need to keep the child still for 3-4 days so it can heal.

What do you mean keep still? Strap him in a carriage for days?? Should I check it out? Or wait another couple of days??

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 9:21 am
saw50st8 wrote:

Her kids fell.

You don't get a virus from falling.

There might be a possibility that he has a fracture, perhaps I would go to an orthopedist.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 9:21 am
amother wrote:
What do you mean keep still? Strap him in a carriage for days?? Should I check it out? Or wait another couple of days??

Don't do this without medical advice. Is it possible he has a sprain? Maybe take him to the doc.

cm

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 9:54 am
Call the doctor if you are concerned about your child's health. I would start with his regular pediatrician.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 10:12 am
amother wrote:
Her kids fell.

You don't get a virus from falling.

There might be a possibility that he has a fracture, perhaps I would go to an orthopedist.

Actually, according to my pediatrician, the fall often allows the virus to get into the hip pocket. My 2 year old fell (not a rough fall at all) and had to be kept still for a few days.

I'm sure OP isn't taking this as medical advice on how to treat her child, just one option for what could have happened.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 10:13 am
amother wrote:

Bring him to the doctor for a real diagnosis :-) I'm not a trained medical professional nor can I diagnose over the internet.

If it is sinovitus, you need to keep your child sitting or restrained. It's so tough.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 4:02 pm
Most likely he's bruised. But if more than a day or two after a fall, the child still isn't using the limb normally, I go to the doctor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics