Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
EdTPA questions

amother

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 3:28 pm
Hi! I hope that you can help me with some questions I have regarding the NYS certification test edTPA.
1) Do I need to submit 2 videos or is one long one ok? Do the videos need to be of 2 different lessons or can I break up one lesson?
2) By the part of instructional materials am I supposed to list instructional materials or am I supposed to add pictures of the material? (which are later included in summative assessment part)
3)Am I supposed to include summative and formative assessments by each learning experience(lesson plan) or am I supposed to leave that out? The guidelines say to take out any commentary, so I am uncertain if this is considered commentary.

I did not have these questions until I looked at a sample edTPA and am now confused. Thank you for assistance!!
Anon because just spoke to friend about these questions and she is on here. HI! Smile

working hard

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 4:28 pm
You need to submit 2 separate videos. They must be within the length requirements or your test will not be marked and you will have to retake it. It can be 2 parts of 1 lesson as long as part is a large group and part is individual as detailed in the instructions.
In instructional materials, you need to submit everything, with descriptions and pictures.
You will see by part 3 that you can reference above instead of resubmitting but part 1 must be complete.
Any information that is not included in your commentary should be put in by your lesson plans as long as you keep to the length requirements.
Any other questions, please ask.
Also, do you have the handbook?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 10:12 pm
Thanks! The deadline for this marking period is tonight- I wanted to finish it for this marking period but I think that I will have to do it for the next one in March. Do you know when the safety net of ATS-W is over? Is it better for me to submit an edTPA that is not my best work and then if I fail I can take the ATS-W or should I wait a marking period? I am just nervous that I will miss the cut off time for the ATS-W. Thanks

amother

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 10:12 pm
-And I have the handbook it is pretty clear I am just doing this in a big hurry...

working hard

Post Fri, Feb 20 2015, 11:45 am
Deadline is June

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 10:10 pm
I finished college awhile ago but I'm only doing my certification now. How do I get the handbook? I'm so lost! Is anyone an advisor for a college on here? I would pay them to help me and guide me through.
Also with the ATSW safety net I thought I read it's until June 2018- is that true?
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics