Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
A Lot of Weight to Lose - How to Keep Your Head in the Game

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 1:06 am
I have a whole lot of weight to lose. Started 3 weeks ago and doing really well so far. It's starting to come off quick but I know will slow down, and it's very easy to get discouraged because there is just so long still go. Anyone been there and have any suggestions? Here are my numbers so far and how I've been doing it.

2/3 315.8
2/10 308.6
2/17 303.2
2/24 299.4

I am eating a lot of vegetables and fruit, nuts, chickpeas, chicken, salmon, tuna, plain popcorn, rice cakes, matza, olive oil. Oh and chicken soup with a lot of cooked veggies. That's it basically but, and here is the big but, once a week I eat whatever I want. My weigh in day is Friday (weigh in by my personal trainer - that's the final thing, started working out with a personal trainer) so my cheat day is Sunday since I don't want it too close. Not all day Sunday, I try to eat a regular breakfast and lunch. But starting 6:00 or so, for the next few hours, I let myself have whatever I want. If I am craving a certain food during the week I write it down and that helps me, since I know I can have it on that one day. So far this is working for me, I'm so happy I instituted this cheat time since that's really helping me psychologically to push through. I hope to continue to update, if that's OK!

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 1:15 am
Wow! Kol hakovad to u! Ur really doing great! Good luck!

agreer

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 1:18 am
What an inspiration!!! Thanks! Please keep us posted.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 1:41 am
I'm inspired!
I love the idea of cheat time and of writing down the foods you crave. Gonna do that myself :-)
How to stay in the game? Keep posting here for support :-)

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 1:43 am
When I plateau I increase intake of raw vegetables and fruits and it gets me out of plateau pretty fast.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 1:47 am
I have a bag of tricks for getting me out of each plateau :-)

Smiling Wife

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 1:58 am
Thank you for sharing this!! So inspiring.
How did you decide on this plan? I love the cheat day idea...My only fear is that I d binge like crazy on my cheat day ( I m 270 lbs now)

happyone

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 2:14 am
Good for you! Keep it going and keep us posted. We are rooting for you!

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 3:20 am
amother wrote:
I have a bag of tricks for getting me out of each plateau :-)

Please share!!!

smilealot

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 3:54 am
Wow. Wow. That's so amazing.
I wish u loads of hatzlocha with it all. Keep us updated.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 5:28 am
I'm doing hcg now, I lost I've lost 40 lbs in the last 4 months.
The part I like is that since it cycles, I know I have a chance to have the things I really want between cycles.
I have nearly another 100 lbs to lose Exploding anger

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 7:09 am
Don't concentrate on how much yiu have to lose or that you will never have something again. Focus on one day or even one meal at a time. Sometimes I would say to myself that all the x (fill in the blank) is not disappearing from the earth.

Set small goals like celebrating every five pounds or when the scale changes from the 250's to the 240's for example.

Focus on behavior and not on the numbers. If you follow low the behaviors r the pounds will follow. Track everything and if you plateau for more than a week or so, look critically at what you have been eating and be completely honest about portions. Even healthy food in excess has calories.

You need to treat losing weight as your first priority to the exclusion of all else. Everything should be considered as whether it is helpful or not. Yes u need to be ordering a red to change your lifestyle in somewhat the same way an alcoholic does. We can't give up food of course but especially at the beginning your u need to stay away from situations that are difficult or else really prepare yourself mentally for how yu will actually do it. I stopped socializing over food or when I met people, I asked to eat at restaurants where I could make good choices. I didn't look at the menu but told the waiter what I wanted. If I ate at a friend, I would make sure there was food I could eat. Sometimes I would wind up eating before an event.

In other words, yiu need to use the same intelligence and drive to you ur weight loss that you would use for anything else important in your life like a
Job. This is especially true in the beginning when you have to consciously focus on new behaviors and how the handle stuff.

And the obvious, make sure you know what you're going to to eat each day if not food for a few days Make sure you have the foods you need to eat this be successful. Do not bring any trigger foods into your home environment. This is harder in the beginning but gets easy reading as yu internaoize the behavioral r and it becomes a habit.

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 7:30 am
Wow, OP, you go, girl!

Some of my favorite tricks:

1. When you are in a social setting and have eaten enough to feel full, either clear your plate, so you can't put anything more on it, and stand up; or dump salt and pepper all over your plate so you won't want to put any more food on it.

2. Remember the 3 S's -- Sit, Silverware, Savor. Eat sitting at the table from a full but smaller sized plate, and minimal or no distraction (like reading), so that you are aware of the taste of your food and the feeling of fullness.

3. Forgive your mistakes and look at the big picture.

4. Go for a ten minute walk when feeling stressed, rather than eat.

Last edited by imasinger on Sun, Feb 26 2017, 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 7:36 am
Good for you! You're an inspiration! I just topped out at 304. I don't even know where to start! I've been trying to watch myself but nothing official. Good luck to all of us!

octopus

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 9:23 am
Wow! 15 lbs is amazing!!!! It took me a year to lose 10 lbs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise