Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weird hours and dieting

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 4:42 pm
I gained a lot of weight (haven't gone on a scale so no exact number, but probably 10/15 pounds?!) since starting a job that includes evening hours...
How do ppl make this work? I end up eating lots of extra snacks and dinner twice!

Any ideas on a meal plan that can work? Any btdt?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 4:50 pm
What do you consider evening hours? Try to eat only fruit and healthy snacks after supper. Think that can work? If you feel hungry drink a cup of water. Maybe some sugar free candy or gum?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 5:49 pm
The problem is not what I eat- it's that I'm eating too much of it....
I feel like longer days need more food but I'm not really burning more calories

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 11:41 am
I work evenings as well and this is how I did it with the help of nutritionist

breakfast around 9am
fruit snack around 11
lunch around 1
lite greek yogurt around 3
dinner at 6
100 calorie snack around 9, and if I am really not satiated, I will eat a fruit then as well.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 1:06 pm
amother wrote:
I work evenings as well and this is how I did it with the help of nutritionist

breakfast around 9am
fruit snack around 11
lunch around 1
lite greek yogurt around 3
dinner at 6
100 calorie snack around 9, and if I am really not satiated, I will eat a fruit then as well.

It sounds so easy when u put it out that way- but I guess this is a lot harder because of hormonal birth control that makes me nauseous then starving at unpredictable times.
Guess I just have to learn to ignore my body and just eat right.
I'm the op of the other thread here btw- finally stepped on the scale, gained a full 20 pounds and change Sad
Haven't been able to eat since so sick not sure what to do with myself...

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 1:10 pm
It might be the birth control and not the hours. I'd put in 2-3 fruit snacks a day as well as 2-3 low calorie snacks between meals. On my late days I was still up early with my kid but didn't want to eat breakfast so early because I knew I'd be at work till the wee hours of the morning so I'd have a light snack (sugar free cheese snack-95 calories, light yogurt, fruit, etc) and have breakfast in the car on my way to work. If you can pack healthy meals (ie big salad) that's great though those are obviously harder to eat at work. Good luck! And if you find the magic pill let me know. I've gained a LOT more than that unfortunately Sad

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 1:23 pm
amother wrote:
It might be the birth control and not the hours. I'd put in 2-3 fruit snacks a day as well as 2-3 low calorie snacks between meals. On my late days I was still up early with my kid but didn't want to eat breakfast so early because I knew I'd be at work till the wee hours of the morning so I'd have a light snack (sugar free cheese snack-95 calories, light yogurt, fruit, etc) and have breakfast in the car on my way to work. If you can pack healthy meals (ie big salad) that's great though those are obviously harder to eat at work. Good luck! And if you find the magic pill let me know. I've gained a LOT more than that unfortunately Sad

So yogurt and fruit are my regular breakfast... now I have that before I go and get staving a few hours later then lunch I usually have eggs and a wrap at like 1 with salad. Then a fruit and maybe 100 calorie snack then dinner would be protein and salad.

Now that this schedule hasn't been working for a while so I put on so much weight I feel like I can't afford to be eating even this much- like I need to go on a cleanse?
But I don't know if that's realistic since I can't even stick to my reg eating?!

Sorry for rambling, this should prob be in the emotional health section at this point

Raisin

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 2:40 pm
Why don't you go on weight watchers or mfp and track your food? I like ww since you can eat unlimited fruit and veg. There is a free app called value diary which is basically the ww pro points plan.

What are your working hours? Why is it so hard to stick to meal times?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Feb 26 2017, 2:54 pm
Raisin wrote:
Why don't you go on weight watchers or mfp and track your food? I like ww since you can eat unlimited fruit and veg. There is a free app called value diary which is basically the ww pro points plan.

What are your working hours? Why is it so hard to stick to meal times?

Right so I think that the issue is more me then the hours. I have a hard time sticking to good eating habits (because of hormonal bca and emotional eating ...) , so I usually try to be regimented- now my hours are weird and diff every day - some days till 4 some till 10...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise