Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Pillow cases, do you fold them inside out?
1  2  Next

How do you fold your pillow cases?
Inside out  
 4%  [ 4 ]
Right side out  
 72%  [ 59 ]
Fold? Who has time to fold, they live in the clean basket until needed.  
 17%  [ 14 ]
Other, please explain.  
 4%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 81

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 7:28 pm
It was something I pondered today while folding laundry.

I fold mine inside out because for me it's easier to insert the pillow. How do you do it?

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 7:31 pm
We wash our sheets and put them back on the bed. We may have spare pillowcases somewhere, I guess.

zaq

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 7:58 pm
Whichever way they come out of the laundry. If they're already inside out, great. If not, it's no biggie to reverse them before use.

Water Stones

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 8:10 pm
I always wash pillow cases and their sheets together. I fold the pillow cases inside out and put the sheets folded inside the pillow case and put it in the closet. My mother taught me that so dust won't get on the pillow case that our face go on. But dust can be go through it, right??

Last edited by Water Stones on Mon, Feb 27 2017, 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

zaq

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 9:04 pm
Seashells wrote:
I always wash pillow cases and their sheets together. I fold the pillow case inside out and put the sheets folded inside the pillow case and put it in the closet. My mother taught me that so dust won't get on the pillow that our face go on. But dust can be go through it, right??
. Yes, but unless your pillowcase has been lying around one of the tombs of the Pharaohs for a few thousand years, it's not going to matter much. Though if you were really concerned about dust on your pillowcase, it would make more sense to put the pillowcase inside the sheets.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 9:12 pm
Seashells wrote:
I always wash pillow cases and their sheets together. I fold the pillow case inside out and put the sheets folded inside the pillow case and put it in the closet. My mother taught me that so dust won't get on the pillow that our face go on. But dust can be go through it, right??

Well yes, if the closet is dusty, but that is a fantastic tip. I'm going to give it a try when I next do sheets. Thanks!

etky

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 12:38 am
Right side out. Never occurred to me to do it otherwise. Why?
1. Because doing it inside out is creative thinking which, unfortunately is not my forte'.
2. It would bother me no end to see the folded inside out pillowcases in the linen closet. It would look 'wrong'.
3. Here in Israel the slot for inserting the pillow is not at the end of the pillowcase- it's towards the end, meaning that you have to work the pillow into both sides of the case. You don't just slide it in at the end, so the inverted pillowcase wouldn't work.

Debbie

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 2:57 am
I fold my pillow cases right side out,pillows are easy enough to get in I find.
Duvet covers I fold inside out because I find it easier to put them on the duvet that way.
Actually quite often I get my daughter to fold them,she does a neater job than I do.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 11:09 am
Seashells wrote:
I always wash pillow cases and their sheets together. I fold the pillow cases inside out and put the sheets folded inside the pillow case and put it in the closet. My mother taught me that so dust won't get on the pillow case that our face go on. But dust can be go through it, right??

That is so smart! No more scrambling for complete sets of linen in my closet 😅

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 11:19 am
Right side out. I just shake the pillow in.
Duvet covers the same. Anything inside out bothers me.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 12:28 pm
I put the sheet and quilt cover inside the pillow case, so there's not really room to fold the pillow case.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 3:46 pm
I do the quilt covers inside out-I find it easier to put the quilt in that way.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 6:13 pm
my ocd wants to come & fold all your inside out pillow cases ... so when I do fold - it is with the right side out ... but linen has been known to live in baskets or be washed & directly back onto the bed

however, I fold them for my mother - so she doesn't have to fight with them [god bless our arms]

noosheen

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 6:22 pm
I fold the sheet and duvet cover and place inside pillowcase so when needed everything is together. Started doing this about 2-3 years ago.
It's very efficient snd easy.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 6:26 pm
greenfire wrote:
my ocd wants to come & fold all your inside out pillow cases ... so when I do fold - it is with the right side out ... but linen has been known to live in baskets or be washed & directly back onto the bed

however, I fold them for my mother - so she doesn't have to fight with them [god bless our arms]

What a good daughter you are.

I do them inside out because of the arthritis in my hands and wrists. By far the most taxing challenge on those joints is changing linens, even though it takes less than 10 minutes.

I give thanks to The Crazy Russian Hacker on YouTube for making the balloon sheets fold like a charm. And big thanks to Seashells and others for the tip about putting the sheets in a pillow case.

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 6:46 pm
I saw the crazy Russian way. I like it but my wingspan is too short to (box with G-d) follow his system. I follow the fussy fold- the-corners into each other method. Imho fitted sheets are a plague because there is no really good way to fold them so they look as neat as the flat ones. I do a decent job but perfect it ain't.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 6:50 pm
zaq wrote:
I saw the crazy Russian way. I like it but my wingspan is too short to (box with G-d) follow his system. I follow the fussy fold- the-corners into each other method. Imho fitted sheets are a plague because there is no really good way to fold them so they look as neat as the flat ones. I do a decent job but perfect it ain't.

I have one set of the Target ones that have extra elastic at the corners and they are crazy. For those all I care about it compaction.

Years ago when I was using the laundry mat I could actually fold a fitted sheet standing up with out using a table to get it flat. I'm afraid I lost those brain cells to a stroke.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 6:52 pm
it does get harder ... so I just have to think more ... still can fold the fitted sheet - just not perfect - almost though

then again I'm not 80 yet

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 6:59 pm
The fitted sheets with elastic all the way around are the WORST.

Honk if you know how to make hospital corners!

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 7:02 pm
zaq wrote:
The fitted sheets with elastic all the way around are the WORST.

Honk if you know how to make hospital corners!

These Target sheets have extra elastic at the corners, two 1" wide 12" long strips. They fit wonderfully but alas, folding them makes origami seem easy.

I have considered going back to two queen size flats (for a full size bed) and returning to hospital corners. I may just go for it once these are dead.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry