Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Hikind: Stop Scapegoating Trump For Anti-Semitism
Previous  1  2  3

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 5:20 pm
amother wrote:
Trump promoted racism and anti-semitism? He is supporting black colleges and is pro-school choice which would give money for you to send your kids to your Jewish religious school. And he is pro-Israel which is something that Obama was openly against. So he is not promoting racism or anti-semitism but he is also not shutting down people who are not politically correct, only self-righteous left wing democrats, who are against free speech do that since they dont care about the rights of American citizens who they disagre with and this story is a perfect example of that-- http://www.fox13news.com/news/238670564-story .

But I don't think that anything Trump says or does will make satisfy you so why should he bother trying when he could just continue with his mission to make America great again?

Oh, and why isnt the shomrim doing anything about these bomb threats? Surely they have ways of monitoring and tracking the calls so they could have found the perps by now. We have shomrim for this exact reason to protect Jews from harm instead of relying on the cops or fbi for it. Any reason why they are not involved in protecting the JCC's in question?

Okay, the last part of your post is absolutely ridiculous. First off, how do you know Shomrim isn't doing anything? Second, why do you think there's a Shomrim in every city that received a threat? Third, why do you think Shomrim has the capability to address the threats properly?

The first part of your post was ridiculous as well, but the last part just struck me as naive and so ludicrous that I had to comment. I'm sorry for coming off as harsh, but...!!!

WhatFor

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 6:44 pm
amother wrote:
Oh, and why isnt the shomrim doing anything about these bomb threats? Surely they have ways of monitoring and tracking the calls so they could have found the perps by now. We have shomrim for this exact reason to protect Jews from harm instead of relying on the cops or fbi for it. Any reason why they are not involved in protecting the JCC's in question?

You do realize that we don't live in the Marvelous Midos Machine, right? But since you believe that shomrim should be handling the bomb threats, would you care to explain what jurisdictional authority shomrim has to handle these bomb threats that led to evacuations just today?

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 6:49 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Okay, the last part of your post is absolutely ridiculous. First off, how do you know Shomrim isn't doing anything? Second, why do you think there's a Shomrim in every city that received a threat? Third, why do you think Shomrim has the capability to address the threats properly?

The first part of your post was ridiculous as well, but the last part just struck me as naive and so ludicrous that I had to comment. I'm sorry for coming off as harsh, but...!!!

If Shomrim has the authority and ability to attempt to access phone records, trace calls, and otherwise conduct a proper investigation into a bomb threat, I'm genuinely frightened.

OTOH, if there are Shomrim in York, PA (and the last time I was there, I was pretty much convinced I was the only Jew in town; guess I was wrong if they have a JCC), I'm duly impressed.

wondergirl

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 8:24 pm
For posters who are saying that Trump is racist, can you explain this photo? Do you still consider him to be racist? Why?

Maya

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 8:41 pm
wondergirl wrote:
For posters who are saying that Trump is racist, can you explain this photo? Do you still consider him to be racist? Why?

Why? Because any shmuck can pose for a good PR photo. It proves absolutely nothing about his real feelings. If you want to prove he is not racist or anti Semitic or anything else he is accused of being, please bring evidence of sincere words and actions which prove otherwise.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 8:49 pm
Maya wrote:
Why? Because any shmuck can pose for a good PR photo. It proves absolutely nothing about his real feelings. If you want to prove he is not racist or anti Semitic or anything else he is accused of being, please bring evidence of sincere words and actions which prove otherwise.

What you don't see from the photo op.

wondergirl

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 8:52 pm
Maya wrote:

This "PR" photo is from when he signed an EO in support of HBCU. Is that sincere enough for you?

http://www.washingtontimes.com.....y-bl/

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 9:04 pm
wondergirl wrote:
This "PR" photo is from when he signed an EO in support of HBCU. Is that sincere enough for you?

http://www.washingtontimes.com.....y-bl/

An executive order supporting HBCUs is really all show. It has no teeth, it's not like he's approving funding for them, increasing scholarship opportunities or anything else.

Ok Donald Trump as the president supports HBCUs, so have the presidents in my lifetime.

Last edited by MagentaYenta on Tue, Feb 28 2017, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

wondergirl

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 9:09 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
What you don't see from the photo op.

I don't think she was professional but I can't help wonder if people would have made a fuss about it were she a man and this is just good old fashioned s-xism. What do you think?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 9:14 pm
wondergirl wrote:
I don't think she was professional but I can't help wonder if people would have made a fuss about it were she a man and this is just good old fashioned s-xism. What do you think?

Nah I'd mock a man doing the same thing at the photo op. I'm pretty equal opportunity when it comes to boorish behavior.

wondergirl

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 9:53 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
An executive order supporting HBCUs is really all show. It has no teeth, it's not like he's approving funding for them, increasing scholarship opportunities or anything else.

Ok Donald Trump as the president supports HBCUs, so have the presidents in my lifetime.

Are you watching his presidential address to congress? Because Trump just asked congress to approve a bill that would provide scholarships for black and hispanics, etc. Is that enough for you?

He also said the following in regards to the Jews, is this enough for you?--

https://www.facebook.com/ABCNe.....3812/

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 9:58 pm
wondergirl wrote:
Are you watching his presidential address to congress? Because Trump just asked congress to approve a bill that would provide scholarships for black and hispanics, etc. Is that enough for you?

He also said the following in regards to the Jews, is this enough for you?--

https://www.facebook.com/ABCNe.....3812/

No I'm not, I prefer reading transcripts. I'm watching the past two episodes of Masterpiece Theater's Victoria that I've missed.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Feb 28 2017, 10:36 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
If Shomrim has the authority and ability to attempt to access phone records, trace calls, and otherwise conduct a proper investigation into a bomb threat, I'm genuinely frightened.

OTOH, if there are Shomrim in York, PA (and the last time I was there, I was pretty much convinced I was the only Jew in town; guess I was wrong if they have a JCC), I'm duly impressed.

In any case, shomrim is way too busy dealing with shtick like this:

imasoftov

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 7:51 am
Well maybe the Shomrim could ask the Vaad Harabanim Le-inyenei Tikshoret to help with the tech issues ...

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Mar 01 2017, 9:42 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Shall we start with Timothy McVeigh, Terrance Nichols, and Eric Rudolph, and work our way forward to, say, Dylan Rooff?

In any case, the Left doesn't support "Islamists." The Left recognizes that its not useful to conflate any particular religious group with terrorism.

As to Hifkind's comments, while anti-semitism has been on the rise over the past several years, the number of attacks has risen precipitously since Trump's election. I read that the number of incidents in NYC has doubled. Not to mention what has become the almost routine bomb threats against JCCs which are starting to take their toll as people decide against enrolling their children in JCC programs. And the current administration was silent, even when specifically asked about it on two separate occasions.

And given Trump's comments on Judge Curiel, on Mexican immigrants, his conflation of the African American community with the "inner city," his retweeting of racists and racist memes, his refusal to condemn David Duke and the alt.right, etc etc., he has led the racists to believe that they have an ally in the White House. Whether or not you believe that he is a racist is irrelevant; they do. Which is why it is so important that Trump speak out clearly and unequivocally.

But like many on the right, they'd rather blame the Left than take any positive action themselves.

According to the left, all white people benefit from white privilege regardless of their socioeconomic status and despite the fact that there are more white people killed by cops in this country. And all minority groups (except for Jews) are equally underprivileged and underrepresented so they all get to benefit from affirmative action policies even if they are not from America to begin with. So this is very much group identity yet Donald Trump is a bad guy for doing exactly what the left is doing?

The left claims that white people kill the most people in America so all white people are oppressors and supremacists. And the gangs in minority communities are the fault of white people who suppress minority groups, etc. And whites want to stop minorities from voting by checking ID when minorities are supposedly too stupid and undereducated to get an ID that they need to have to get govt benefits, (so how are they getting any govt benefits without an ID and why can't they use this ID to vote)?

But when it comes to Muslim terrorists, then the left wants us to disconnect Muslim extremists from Muslim religion despite the fact that they are killing people in the name of Islam?

The hypocrisy and double standards from the left is astonishing. The fact that people keep repeating the rhetoric of the left makes me wonder if they are just brainwashed and incapable of thinking for themselves. But even worse, it makes me wonder if we are enabling minority gangs, lawbreakers, and terrorists to do whatever they want in America in the name of being politically correct.
Are we headed for the same disaster that is happening in Sweden (and other European countries)? Is this the goal that the left has and if so, do we, as Jews, have an obligation to stop the left from pushing their anti-American agenda on us?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new......html
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics