Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Edit pdf?

ludicrous

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 3:13 pm
I need to edit a pdf and I have two questions

1.I need to copy an image from one pdf and paste it onto another pdf. I read online that I need to download adobe reader DC XI (which is supposedly the latest free version of adobe reader). is this correct?

2. is there a way to delete text on a pdf and insert new text on the same pdf without paying for the upgraded adobe reader?

thanks

Ilovemaryland

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 7:01 pm
To the best of my knowledge, no
Maybe there is a clone or shareware version
Be very wary of spyware or browser hijacking

youngishbear

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 7:27 pm
Is the latest PDF viewer free or not?

I once converted a pdf to word document, edited, and saved it again as pdf. Could you try that?

sbmom

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 7:28 pm
a workaround which can help if you don't need to many changes:

you can try to copy and paste the text into word. That takes a "picture" of the text and you can paste it into word. You can take a few small pictures and then crop the right picture to cut out some text. Or you can put a text box ontop of the text you don't want, and type in the correct text

groovy1224

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 8:41 pm
At work we use this to edit pdf's

https://www.pdfescape.com/

It does the job pretty effectively

cbsp

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 9:16 pm
ludicrous wrote:
I need to edit a pdf and I have two questions

1.I need to copy an image from one pdf and paste it onto another pdf. I read online that I need to download adobe reader DC XI (which is supposedly the latest free version of adobe reader). is this correct?

2. is there a way to delete text on a pdf and insert new text on the same pdf without paying for the upgraded adobe reader?

thanks

(this is most likely not the only way...)
There are free .pdf printers (like cutepdf or others). It's software that needs to be installed.
If you are able to open the .pdf in Word or a similar document editor then you can make the changes with that software and then print to the pdf printer. When you choose the pdf printer you'll be prompted for a file name and it will then save the document as a pdf.

I don't know how complicated the document is, but if you can't edit in Word then can you select all/copy the pdf document and then paste in to Word?

ETA: I did reload the page 3x before replying and saw none of the above answers. Oh well, sorry for the duplication.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics