Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Has anyone here ever lived in Har Nof, Jerusalem?

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 5:51 am
Do you think it's a good place for Americans to live in? Do you personally like the neighborhood?

Marion

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 8:20 am
I've never lived there, but I do remember lots of English heard on the bus & in the street. This was 20 years ago; I don't know if it's changed.

doctorima

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 9:50 am
I've never lived there, but have spent a lot of time there. There are definitely lots and lots of English-speaking families there. For settled families in Yerushalayim (as opposed to newlyweds who will eventually move back), it's certainly got one of the largest, if not the largest, Anglo population. You can find shiurim in English and will have no problem getting by. There are lots of hills and stairs, so make sure you're okay with that. It's also not cheap, but nowhere in Yerushalayim is. It's also geographically far away from much of the rest of the city, in case that's an issue.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 10:41 am
I used to live there, I love love har nof, but just make sure u live in an English speaking street /building bc there are some very Israeli areas in har nof also

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 12:13 pm
There r many Americans and many Israelis . A lot depends on the block and if you r in shlav a (hakablan, agasi, katzen...) or down by chai tayb, brand there r less .
Most stores in Har Nof r geared towards americans.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Mar 04 2017, 3:38 pm
My husband grew up there, we are there all the time at my in laws.

What are you like religiously?

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Mar 04 2017, 6:55 pm
We keep Torah and mitzvot, we are what people label as Yeshivish Modern

amother wrote:
My husband grew up there, we are there all the time at my in laws.

What are you like religiously?

Yael3

Post Sat, Mar 04 2017, 6:59 pm
I went to Neve Yerushalayim which is in Har Nof. Tons of American families that invited us girls for Shabbos meals. Loved it there.

MitzadSheini

Post Sat, Mar 04 2017, 7:09 pm
It used to be said that the higher up the hills you go in Har Nof, the more black hat it becomes. So HaKablan was more back than Brand...... Not sure if it was ever true or if it's true now.

BTW op loved your answer to the religious question - "we keep Torah and Mitzvot". Wish we could all just answer that question that way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics