Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
ISO egg roll recipe that I can freeze for Purim

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 11:43 am
I'm looking for an egg roll recipe, with cabbage, maybe some pieces of deli too. After I make it and fry the egg roll, can I freeze it for a few days?

Thank you!

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 11:58 am
Making egg rolls is such a pain that I normally make a bunch and freeze the extras. I don't think the stuffing has anything to do with being able to freeze them. I fry and drain them real well, let them cool, freeze on a tray and then bag them.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 12:20 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Making egg rolls is such a pain that I normally make a bunch and freeze the extras. I don't think the stuffing has anything to do with being able to freeze them. I fry and drain them real well, let them cool, freeze on a tray and then bag them.

Thanks. When do you drain them? After frying? Isn't it enclosed in the wrapper then?

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 12:28 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Thanks. When do you drain them? After frying? Isn't it enclosed in the wrapper then?

When they come out of the fryer I immediately put them on a rack over paper bags and let them drain until cool.

If your egg rolls are too greasy your fat isn't hot enough. I also make my own wrappers and find that they fry better than the thick store bought ones and retain less cooking oil.

ttbtbm

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 2:41 pm
Can't get to my egg roll recipe now but it's best to prepare the filling, fill, roll and seal and freeze raw. Deep fry before serving.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 5:38 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
When they come out of the fryer I immediately put them on a rack over paper bags and let them drain until cool.

If your egg rolls are too greasy your fat isn't hot enough. I also make my own wrappers and find that they fry better than the thick store bought ones and retain less cooking oil.

Would love your recipe when you have a minute, if possible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes