Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Linzer cookie recipe asap

ilovegod

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 5:44 pm
I tried making one recipe but the dough was too dry. Anyone have tried and true easy recipe please

Tia

ilovegod

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 6:18 pm
Bump

HashemMelekh

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 6:23 pm
Hi,

I really like Ina Garten's desserts. While I haven't made this one personally (but I have made other Linzers before--I just don't have their recipe), I am sure it is fantastic:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/rec.....ecipe

Also, I believe that adding almond flour in addition to wheat flour makes the cookies more delicate. There are numerous recipes that use almond flour, but it is considerably more expensive than wheat flour. These are more short-bread like in terms of their dough, but if you omit almonds, that's essentially what you have. Additionally, I wouldn't say there are any exceptionally easy Linzer recipes, as they require quite a bit of work.

Edit: After reading the reviews, I realized that they are quite mixed, and for some, the dough is hard to work with. Here is a more authentic recipe with almond flour and good reviews:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/1.....arts/

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 6:30 pm
I've never seen a linzer cookie recipe without the ground nuts or almond flour. It's what gives the cookie the distinctive taste and texture.

I have a great recipe. How soon do you need it as it's on my computer.

It's not that hard t make. Just a bit tedious because your have to make sure you are making equal numbers of tops and bottoms. 😆😀
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins