Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Baby Swing without Automatic Shutoff (for use on shabbos)

debsey

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 11:09 pm
Does anyone know of a baby swing that doesn't automatically shut off after 4 hours? My old fisher price used to be that way - you'd plug it in and it would still be swinging merrily away at 6AM when my babies would be up and ready to play but Mommy wasn't quite awake yet.

Anyone have one that just stays on when plugged in unless you shut it off?

mha3484

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 11:12 pm
I have the rock A roo. There is no auto shutoff and on Shabbos you can push it manually. My 6 year old gets that job sometimes.

debsey

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 11:20 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I have the rock A roo. There is no auto shutoff and on Shabbos you can push it manually. My 6 year old gets that job sometimes.

If I leave it on all shabbos, it will still be swinging the next morning? I only want to invest in it if that's how it works.

YoMom

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 11:50 pm
The fisher price snug a bunny or the other nest newer one plug in has no shut off it's great.

myname1

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 2:43 am
But doesn't it stop when you put the baby in? Even if it continues again once he's in, I'd think that is an issue for Shabbos, no? (All swings I mean, not one specifically mentioned here.)

debsey

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 6:32 am
myname1 wrote:
But doesn't it stop when you put the baby in? Even if it continues again once he's in, I'd think that is an issue for Shabbos, no? (All swings I mean, not one specifically mentioned here.)
not according to the rav I asked! That's why I'm looking for one. I had a great Fischer price one for years w no auto shut off but after almost 20 years of service it finally died. So now I'm in the market.

Lanz892

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 7:32 am
As mentioned above the fisher price snug a bunny doesn't shut off, and I have left it on for a whole shabbos

mha3484

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 10:57 am
I have left the rock-a-roo on by accident and it did not turn off. I like it because when its not plugged in you can rock it back and forth manually I do that on shabbos often. My oldest likes to do it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics