Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
HELP! Why are my muffins rising to one side??

smile12345

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 3:22 pm
These are meant to be for mishloach monos, but they look horrific Sad Any tips for the rest of the batch that hasn't baked yet??

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 3:23 pm
They might have a heavy batter. You're better off not filling the cups as much and yielding low but even results.

monseymom25

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 5:08 pm
Maybe your oven rack is sitting a little uneven?

smile12345

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 5:50 pm
monseymom25 wrote:
Maybe your oven rack is sitting a little uneven?

Made sure that it was straight.
Put on lower temperature
And filled lower.

Worked a bit better, but still not really good enough to use Sad

tigerwife

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 6:02 pm
How frustrating! If it makes you feel better, my baked goods flopped too and I just decided to buy.

Are they at least tasty?

etky

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 10:44 pm
Are you using fan heat to bake them? Were you baking on two racks or just one, in the center of the oven?
I find that this happens sometimes when I bake cakes or muffins using the oven's turbo setting, especially when I'm using both racks.
Something to do with the uneven dispersion of the hot air currents in the oven when it is very full.
I baked several dozen small cakes for MM this week.
The single batches that I did with the rack centered in the oven on the regular setting (which allows me to do only one batch at a time), without the fan, rose and browned perfectly evenly.
The batches that I did on turbo, when I was pressed for time and needed to bake on both racks simultaneously, rose and browned a bit unevenly.
Nothing major, but still a bit annoying.

smile12345

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 5:24 am
etky wrote:
Are you using fan heat to bake them? Were you baking on two racks or just one, in the center of the oven?
I find that this happens sometimes when I bake cakes or muffins using the oven's turbo setting, especially when I'm using both racks.
Something to do with the uneven dispersion of the hot air currents in the oven when it is very full.
I baked several dozen small cakes for MM this week.
The single batches that I did with the rack centered in the oven on the regular setting (which allows me to do only one batch at a time), without the fan, rose and browned perfectly evenly.
The batches that I did on turbo, when I was pressed for time and needed to bake on both racks simultaneously, rose and browned a bit unevenly.
Nothing major, but still a bit annoying.

Just one rack though my oven isn't the best so that likely contributes.
If I turn the fan off it would work better? I thought that the fan helps bake better - am I wrong on that?

smile12345

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 5:26 am
tigerwife wrote:
How frustrating! If it makes you feel better, my baked goods flopped too and I just decided to buy.

Are they at least tasty?

Yes don't worry, will all get eaten here in a flash Smile But that leaves me short for MM...

myname1

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 5:48 am
smile12345 wrote:
Just one rack though my oven isn't the best so that likely contributes.
If I turn the fan off it would work better? I thought that the fan helps bake better - am I wrong on that?

I once read about the fan pushing the food to the front of the oven or something. I would try without the fan- I never use that setting on mine (even though I'm sure it's good for something!).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins