Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you strip the beds when you're a guest?
Previous  1  2  3

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 6:50 am
jewwoman wrote:
YES!!! Even when I stay at my parents or inlaws I strip beds. suppose I was brought up well.
m

I suppose its a matter of opinion. None of my guests has ever stripped the linen, and I would be thorougly annoyed if they did.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 7:37 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
m

I suppose its a matter of opinion. None of my guests has ever stripped the linen, and I would be thorougly annoyed if they did.

You wrote twice in this thread that you would be annoyed and I am truly trying to figure out why but not coming up with an answer.

I don't assume people have a cleaning lady that will do it. Even if they do, it is a show of appreciation to strip the beds prior to leaving. I never leave it in a messy pile, but fold it nicely on the bed so the person can take it easily to the washing machine when they want to. I would never leave dirty linen on my bed until the next guest comes. That just sounds gross to me.

birdy

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 8:05 am
I host very often and get really annoyed when my guests strip the linen (rarely happens). I'm not always ready to wash the linen as soon as they leave and I'd rather have the beds made neatly until I'm ready to wash... don't like to have the beds bare and blanket and pillows bunched in a ball..

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 8:14 am
amother wrote:
You wrote twice in this thread that you would be annoyed and I am truly trying to figure out why but not coming up with an answer.

I don't assume people have a cleaning lady that will do it. Even if they do, it is a show of appreciation to strip the beds prior to leaving. I never leave it in a messy pile, but fold it nicely on the bed so the person can take it easily to the washing machine when they want to. I would never leave dirty linen on my bed until the next guest comes. That just sounds gross to me.

Because if they strip my linen, they are making a mess for me. I personally find that annoying.

sky

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 9:45 am
I have 5 guest beds - at least 2 are used almost every single week. I don't have much extra cleaning help. When the guest strip the beds they are majorly helping me.
Most of the time people ask me, and I always feel bad saying yes because it gives them extra work. I wish they would just do it (most repeat guests do). If someone has dedicated guest rooms, especially on a separate floor, I don't see why guests shouldn't. (I like it even better when they bring the linen to the laundry room because then I throw it into the machine immediately).
I'm busy, I have a bunch of kids, work full time, hosting either my guests or others is such a great way I can do chessed, but if my guests can help make my work easier I'm so grateful.

Personally I find it disgusting to strip a bed someone else slept in. I'm not a germ scared person at all. But there is something about worn linen - my DH often does it when we have guests who don't strip.

I'm wondering if those who don't like the beds stripped have cleaning help who does it for them.

I always strip the beds. When we sleep somewhere we use 6+ beds. That is a lot of work for someone after we leave.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 10:05 am
I really appreciate it when guests take the linen off. This way I can just dump it in the machine (which is right near my guest room) and put it back on, which is enough of a job...I live near a Simcha hall and host sleepover guests frequently.

I don't allow outside linen in my home. Bed bug protection.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette