Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher for Pesach bakery in Phila area

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 3:10 pm
Hello, a non-kosher friend in the Philly area wants to take dessert to her hostess for Seder. She wants fresh baked and not in a box. Suggestions for a place to send her please?
Thank you.

SingALong

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 3:21 pm
I've never heard of a kosher for pesach bakery in my life. The companies that make baked goods for the grocery do special for pesach, and do so far in advance.

Would your friend do a cut up fruit platter or wine instead? Those are safer to give someone on pesach.

Also maybe recommend she asks host first before bringing any food. Many people prefer not to accept any outside food on pesach.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 3:35 pm
There are kosher caterers who sell individual dishes in my city--like you can order a cake or a side dish for Pesach or a chicken or a gallon of soup and it's all delivered to a local shul to pick up. Her hostess said it was fine to order something this way if my friend then took it directly to their house not my friends . The only Phila caterer I knew about closed. My friend is glad to go to Cherry Hill she said if there's someplace there that changes over for Pesach.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 7:39 am
Bump

saralem

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 11:54 am
Pesach Takeout Menu Takeout Menu
Presented by Congregation Beth HaMedrash of Wynnewood
by Josh Small PesachByJosh@gmail.com.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 12:13 pm
Most supermarkets in Philly, and particularly in areas of Philly with a substantial Jewish population, will carry pre-packaged baked goods.

She should particularly try Giant (just about any one), Shop Rite on the Boulevard in the Northeast, or Shop Rite in Cherry Hill.

sweetpotato

Post Fri, Mar 10 2017, 12:27 pm
She should contact the Vaad of Philadelphia or Cherry Hill Kashrus to ask if any bakery they supervise sells klp baked goods but I've never heard of this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen