Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Seuda timing

solo

Post Sat, Mar 11 2017, 9:02 pm
I was sure I saw a post about this but can't find it now-
What time is everybody eating their seudah?
I'm hosting this yr and was hoping to make it early- 4pm. My kids r all little. My guest all think it's soooo early.

Rutabaga

Post Sat, Mar 11 2017, 9:24 pm
We're going to family and ours is also called for 4.

Optione

Post Sat, Mar 11 2017, 10:16 pm
3:30
Although most seudas I've gone to are called for the 4:30 range

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Mar 11 2017, 11:18 pm
We are eating at our rav's house, and he called it for 5:45, with a definitive ending of 8:30 (there is a shul party then)

cm

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 12:09 am
Usually they start anytime after 3:00 pm. On workdays, as late as possible, more toward a regular supper time. On Sundays, we start earlier and can spend more time shmoozing and not feel rushed, and have dinner earlier than usual.

lucky14

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 12:48 am
Personally I think anytime before 5 is weird to have dinner. BUT I do understand that if it's going to last for hours then it's late for people who have kids who go to bed early. We're going to one that is starting at 3:30 and I just don't want to eat a meal at that time, but I'm not hosting so wasn't my choice.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 1:03 am
We usually calculate based on shkiya, and we start the meal about half an hour before shkiya, so we can wash before sunset.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 3:09 am
I think anytime from late afternoon is fine. We've hosted in the past around 4:30 and our guests would have also done about the same time. This year we are invited out for 4:30. Personally, I never really think other people's times to eat or whatever their family chose to do is weird. Do whatever suits you. Purim Sameach! Cheers Party

meirajj1

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 10:08 am
Going to a shul seuda with the family. The time is 4:00.

But the shul always has their seudah at 4:00. It probably makes more sense to have it at 5:00 since Shkia is so late thanks to DST.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 10:56 am
amother wrote:
We usually calculate based on shkiya, and we start the meal about half an hour before shkiya, so we can wash before sunset.

Yeah, it depends what time shkiya is. We're having ours at 5:30. Shkiya is around 7.

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 8:52 pm
We always start ours around 5pm.

People have a lot to do on purim - hear the megilla, deliver mishlocah manos, I can see that 4pm would be really tough for people. Plus many people might not be hungry then.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics