Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Food intolerances and cheating

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 1:04 am
It's not about my child actually but wasn't sure which section this belongs...

I've been trying to treat acne for a while and recently discovered I have food intolerances. I'm following a very strict diet avoiding food not good for me, plus according to alternative practitioner who said I have congested liver am avoiding another whole bunch of foods.

I really want to cheat tomorrow. We'll b eating by my parents and I don't want to be the odd one out again... I'm planning to be smart about it and not indulge in every thing available though.

My question is, is it really going to b bad, like ok if I get a break out, but am I really doing a disservice to my body? Any thoughts? Experiences with food intolerances​ or liver congestion?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 1:47 am
I think the stress of NOT eating when you're with family on Purim may be more hurtful to the health of your liver than actually cheating and enjoying the good food :-)

I also have food restrictions and once in a while I allow myself a detour. I begin again the following hour. Or the following day.

It's good for the liver, and all other organs, for me to not be stressed about cheating.

But that's just me.

Tiredmom7

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 7:39 am
I get a horrid stomach when I eat wheat. Not an allergery but an intolerance as defined by an alternative doctor. I know how I'm going to feel when I eat wheat. Whenever I choose to "cheat" I'm sorry after the pain and the inability to do anything is worse than the avoidance. But everyone has to weigh the choice for themselves. What is a clogged
Liver btw?

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 8:48 am
I have an intolerance to certain foods and medicines, and I build up a sensitivity when I eat them. My sensitivity is a closed up throat, breathing restrictions, diarrhea and other symptoms. I am ok eating them once in a blue moon as I know when the sensitivity is building.

If you are going to break out only you can weigh the consequences. Did the Dr do any testing to see if your liver is actually clogged? It sounds like a diagnosis of bad humours to me.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 2:26 am
Squishy wrote:
I have an intolerance to certain foods and medicines, and I build up a sensitivity when I eat them. My sensitivity is a closed up throat, breathing restrictions, diarrhea and other symptoms. I am ok eating them once in a blue moon as I know when the sensitivity is building.

If you are going to break out only you can weigh the consequences. Did the Dr do any testing to see if your liver is actually clogged? It sounds like a diagnosis of bad humours to me.

That's the thing, I don't know if it will only affect me skin wise or I'll build up antibioties etc.
Regarding the congested liver, I'm not at all "sold" on this diagnosis​ but am going along with it for now to see if this eating lifestyle will work. I've seen tremendous improvement the past few months so it's for sure food related though.
I did take an extra blood test at my ob's office ( am currently pg,) and he said all liver levels were normal. I do have in plan to eventually follow up with a GI to test for fatty liver or leaky gut. ,(Will probably wait for pp)

Tiredmom7- I'm also looking for more information on congested/fatty liver and would love to hear if anyone ever experienced this.
According to Google search it definitely accounts for acne but the causes so don't make sense for me/my lifestyle so I'm really confused...

sourstix

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 6:12 am
I would definitely first make sure I have a fatty liver before attempting any changes. And the acne, only you can know if it's worth it to eat and get breakouts.

I have not found that food made me have acne. I found it was stress and hormones.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics