Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Do or did you stutter?

mommy100

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 6:47 pm
Need to write a paper on stuttering and was wondering if anyone who stutters can share some personal stories that happened to them good and bad.

Thanks

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 7:12 pm
I began to stutter as an adult of 35 yrs, after a traumatic event that literally stunned my senses. B"H I got treatment for the trauma, and my stutter is gone; however, my speech has become much slower than it was before the trauma.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 7:15 pm
amother wrote:
I began to stutter as an adult of 35 yrs, after a traumatic event that literally stunned my senses. B"H I got treatment for the trauma, and my stutter is gone; however, my speech has become much slower than it was before the trauma.

I PMed OP. I have stuttered all my life. If you want to talk with a fellow PWS, OP can give you my username.

mommy100

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 7:16 pm
Hi silver

Thank you for sharing I am glad to hear that your speech improved do you still use any technique as to not stutter. Would you care to share a incidence where you stuttered in public how you felt and what ppl response was?

mommy100

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:20 pm
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics