Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Who is going to work tomorrow in the blizzard?
Previous  1  2

pesek zman

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 6:32 am
amother wrote:
Actually they just announced all mass transit stopping at 4am

I'm not seein that anywhere

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:35 am
Good morning, there is absolutely no snow here in Lakewood! Just a lot of rain. How's it in NYC?

rdmom

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:55 am
Hubby just stepped out to shul. Says the snow is pretty high already and as of right now it is hailing. All 3 of my girls are home today. This is in Brooklyn.

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:10 am
It doesn't look like we'll be getting much or any snow.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:13 am
Also a hospital health care worker. Worked last night. Sleeping at work so I will be here for my shift tonight.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:35 am
pesek zman wrote:
I'm not seein that anywhere

Under ground subways are running. I know, I took it to work

saw50st8

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:46 am
My job is considered essential, but my whole engineering group was reclassified as "on call at home" so we can all work from home unless they call us in to support an emergency (like Hurricane Sandy, I was driving over the bridge just before they closed it).

Northern NJ is pretty bad.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:47 am
My job is open but I'm not going in. I'm assuming all those who are braving the weather to go to work either don't have children or have someone home to take care of them. In my case my kids school is closed and the sitters I use will not come in today.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:57 am
amother wrote:
My job is open but I'm not going in. I'm assuming all those who are braving the weather to go to work either don't have children or have someone home to take care of them. In my case my kids school is closed and the sitters I use will not come in today.

Nopes. I have work and can't have someone come to my house to watch my kids. I'm imy"H dropping off by someone else on the way to my office. I was told that if I really can't make arrangements for my kids then I should bring them with me to work and they'll find some entertainment for them. My manager said unless the snow hits three feet the office is open Smile

saw50st8

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 9:00 am
amother wrote:

My husband's office is closed so he's watching the kids.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 9:03 am
amother wrote:
Nopes. I have work and can't have someone come to my house to watch my kids. I'm imy"H dropping off by someone else on the way to my office. I was told that if I really can't make arrangements for my kids then I should bring them with me to work and they'll find some entertainment for them. My manager said unless the snow hits three feet the office is open Smile

I don't have a drop-off option available. Literally no childcare available to me today. So I have no choice but to not go in.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 9:07 am
amother wrote:
I don't have a drop-off option available. Literally no childcare available to me today. So I have no choice but to not go in.

As I said my work would rather I show up with my kids than have me stay home. Every workplace is different.

icebreaker

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 10:16 am
The college I work at is closed so yay for me!

shanie5

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 10:21 am
Scranton Pa-can barely see my car. The snow is above the wheels. Some cars are fully covered in snow. It's coming down at a rate of 1-2 inches an hour!

frumPA

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 11:01 am
I am in Brooklyn. I am a PA in a hospital. I left to work by car at 6:45. Was only a couple of inches and was sleeting. Got to work 730, a half hr early! I parked in the hospitals indoor parking lot which is open to all staff during snowstorms. It supposed to stop at 5 and I hopefully will leave at 7 so should be ok. I dont have to dig out just drive home. My husband will have to dig out my driveway to park... My husband is watching the kids. ( though going to shuel is difficult...) My babysitter said she couldn't come. I brought extra clothes and food in case I need to sleep here though I doubt I wont make it home. They predicted alot worse. Most of my colleagues did call out!

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 11:05 am
amother wrote:
As I said my work would rather I show up with my kids than have me stay home. Every workplace is different.

They're probably not toddlers and babies right?

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 11:06 am
amother wrote:
They're probably not toddlers and babies right?

A three year old and eighteen month old... We'd use the conference room screen as a dvd player and just run pbs.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 11:09 am
What's the weather like in Brooklyn now? How many inches are on the ground?

shanie5

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 11:27 am
I just took dd across the street to her friends house. I had to shovel the way down our steps, across the sidewalk, to the street. Her friend and his brother shoveled a path from the street to the sidewalk for her to get there.
I do not look forward to shoveling my car out-theres no where to put the snow!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics