Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving ideas

Bellamom

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 1:42 pm
I live in Brooklyn and we're looking into moving to a community in the vicinity of ny/nj. We're middle of the road frum (whatever that means). The reason why we would move out of Brooklyn is the school situation. I'm nervous cuz were not yeshivish at all. I cover my hair and wear sandals without socks in the summer. All the schools in Brooklyn are either yeahivish or very modern. I really want a mix and they don't have any here. My kids are going to school soon and I'm getting more and more nervous. Any ideas would be very helpful. Thanx.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 1:45 pm
Are you looking to stay in NYC? Are Staten Island or queens options? Both have communities that might work for you, religiously

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 1:48 pm
Is deal an option for you? There are so many different places to choose, doesn't have to be Brooklyn

Bellamom

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 1:49 pm
What schools are in Staten Island? And queens? I have boys.

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 3:42 pm
What about far rockaway five towns area. Darchei is a mix.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 3:47 pm
There r loads of communities that youd fit into- 5towns has plenty of people like that- south shore and shulamith. Edison, west hempstead also.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 3:50 pm
I recommend you check out Elizabeth, NJ - nice community, everyone is orthodox with a range from don't cover your hair to black hat. There is a community school where almost all the kids go, and the school itself is strong religiously.

You may also want to look into Fairlawn / Teaneck / Bergenfield.

You could also try Edison / Highland Park / East Brunswick.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:46 pm
Bellamom wrote:
What schools are in Staten Island? And queens? I have boys.

I don't know about staten island but queens is very accepting of different types. For boys, there's yeshiva ketana(KGH) -they seem very accepting of different types tho I don't have boys. Tiferes moshe (kg) - seems much more yeshivish and then there's yeshiva of central queens (kgh) which is co-ed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating