Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What was the cutest theme you saw this Purim?
Previous  1  2  3

yksraya

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:00 pm
amother wrote:
My neice saw a boy in shul dressed as a poop emoji and was wondering if he realized what he was...
eewwww!!! Not my kid!!!!

DD was the "loving smile", ds1 was "silly", ds2 was "cool", ds3 was "grrrr" and ds4 (the baby) was "kiss"!!! They are the cutest kids b'h!!!!

yksraya

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:05 pm
rosebunch wrote:
mine too! each kid was a different emoji! I made chocolate lolly emojis matching the emoji faces. It looked adorable!

My MM was pastries individually wrapped, and an emoji cookie DD baked (she went to cookie decorating courses). I put it into yellow pop up boxes with yellow grass and a banana liquer too. And tied a bow made out of emoji ribbon onto the handle of box.

bsy

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:21 pm
amother wrote:
My neice saw a boy in shul dressed as a poop emoji and was wondering if he realized what he was...

Maybe he thought it was chocolate ice cream? I once heard someone think that.... Smile

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:22 pm
bsy wrote:
Maybe he thought it was chocolate ice cream? I once heard someone think that.... Smile

We used to say it's Hershey Kisses.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:53 pm
In my town we had a few families dressed up as marine, it was very cute!
Others as Hogwarts students.
My baby was a little cook chef and our MM were in pastry boxes with a logo "At DDname - pastry and chocolate", it was very cute may I say Smile

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 4:56 pm
My kids would dress up like the poop emoji in a second

Eta: seriously? A hug? Where's your sense of humor

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:14 pm
I know someone who dressed up his kids last year as Winnie the Pooh and he was the poop emoji.

This year his kids were a duck and a chicken and he was a "chick magnet." LOL

eschaya

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 8:44 pm
This year we were from Hudo and Kush (dd and I in real Saris that we bought in a thrift shop, Dh and boys in dashikis). We gave out tandoori salmon with basmati rice, and ethiopian coffee.
Some other things we've been in the past (for those who are looking for ideas).
Book title characters: Sherlock Holmes, Mary Poppins, Pippi Longstocking, Tom Sawyer, The wizard of Oz, and the cat in the hat (kids came up with the theme... they all wanted to be different things, but coordinated. THis allowed each kid to choose their own title character, but still tie in with each other).
Thanksgiving: Dh, I and dd were pilgrims, dsx2 were native americans, and baby was a turkey. We gave out turkey sandwiches, pumpkin muffins, cider. Note reminded everyone of our hoda'a to Hashem for our salvation. Our seuda was a full fledged Thanksgiving dinner, complete with a whole turkey, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, etc.
Harry Potter: Hagrid (dh), Prof Mcgonogal (me), Harry, Ron, Hermione (older kids), hedwig (baby). MM with bertie botts every flavor beans, rock cakes, "butter beer". Seuda based on foods served at hogwarts feasts.
We're dreaming of a white Purim (on a year when snow was forecast). We all dressed in white, but in hindsight it would have been better to all dress in snow gear, maybe one person as a snowman. Actually rewrote the song to relate to purim... I later found out that many families sang the song at their seuda.

Other adorable themes I've seen...
Jet fighter pilots (they gave out spicy wings)
Mad scientists
Cast from Clue

Btw, this is not to make anyone feel pressure to do themes. I do it because I love it and enjoy it, never a stress at all (kal vachomer... it actually makes me happy and feel good).

happyone

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 9:22 pm

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 11:29 pm
eschaya wrote:
This year we were from Hudo and Kush (dd and I in real Saris that we bought in a thrift shop, Dh and boys in dashikis). We gave out tandoori salmon with basmati rice, and ethiopian coffee.
Some other things we've been in the past (for those who are looking for ideas).
Book title characters: Sherlock Holmes, Mary Poppins, Pippi Longstocking, Tom Sawyer, The wizard of Oz, and the cat in the hat (kids came up with the theme... they all wanted to be different things, but coordinated. THis allowed each kid to choose their own title character, but still tie in with each other).
Thanksgiving: Dh, I and dd were pilgrims, dsx2 were native americans, and baby was a turkey. We gave out turkey sandwiches, pumpkin muffins, cider. Note reminded everyone of our hoda'a to Hashem for our salvation. Our seuda was a full fledged Thanksgiving dinner, complete with a whole turkey, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, etc.
Harry Potter: Hagrid (dh), Prof Mcgonogal (me), Harry, Ron, Hermione (older kids), hedwig (baby). MM with bertie botts every flavor beans, rock cakes, "butter beer". Seuda based on foods served at hogwarts feasts.
We're dreaming of a white Purim (on a year when snow was forecast). We all dressed in white, but in hindsight it would have been better to all dress in snow gear, maybe one person as a snowman. Actually rewrote the song to relate to purim... I later found out that many families sang the song at their seuda.

Other adorable themes I've seen...
Jet fighter pilots (they gave out spicy wings)
Mad scientists
Cast from Clue

Btw, this is not to make anyone feel pressure to do themes. I do it because I love it and enjoy it, never a stress at all (kal vachomer... it actually makes me happy and feel good).

You've got some great ideas, and I love how you even coordinate your seudah!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics