Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you want pics of women in the frum magazines?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

gottago

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 11:56 pm
Over the last few years, there is a new trend to exclude pics of women from frum magazines. There are many who are concerned about this trend and the effect it has on our women and girls. If you would like to see this change, especially in magazines that are made for women, please read, sign and share this petition. https://docs.google.com/forms/.....wform

Ilovemaryland

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:02 am
The first step to genocide is making the target a non entity by removing them from the public view

happyone

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:06 am
Who cares? You don't like it, don't purchase those magazines . Walk into Shop rite and you got a large selection of magazines with women splashed all over the cover and inside pages .

groisamomma

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:13 am
happyone wrote:
Who cares? You don't like it, don't purchase those magazines . Walk into Shop rite and you got a large selection of magazines with women splashed all over the cover and inside pages .

This

newface34

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:15 am
I really couldn't care less. It doesn't matter.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:16 am
happyone wrote:

oh please. Rolling Eyes

you really think it's just about seeing pictures of women? that is really naive. We want to purchase these magazines because we like the content. What we want is that when we read an article about an amazing Rebbitzin who just was nifteres, we would like to see how she looked. To get a glimpse of her. NOT of her husband or sons. Or grave. Or flowers.
I am pretty right wing but I hate the no pictures of women.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:25 am
You sound verrry right winged......
B"H we have things that accommodate our mentalities and needs. When my mother was a girl she reread several time the book "all for the boss "-which is very well written because of lack of books twenty years later we B"h have too many magazines. And in all honesty I do not want my sons or husband seeing pictures of women that are related to them.
You can let your husband watch movies rated abc .... And come back to me in two years if he is still interested in being with you.
I know a boy (I was married to him) who looked at pictures/movies and I found a condom on his shelf, so I guess you dont have an issue with that either. He mistreated me as well even though he DID look at magazines with photos of women in them. A women to him is something between a human and an animal. So putting women in magazines will definitely solve the issue;)

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:30 am
amother wrote:
B"H we have things that accommodate our mentalities and needs. When my mother was a girl she reread several time the book "all for the boss "-which is very well written because of lack of books twenty years later we B"h have too many magazines. And in all honesty I do not want my sons or husband seeing pictures of women that are related to them.
You can let your husband watch movies rated abc .... And come back to me in two years if he is still interested in being with you.
I know a boy (I was married to him) who looked at pictures/movies and I found a condom on his shelf, so I guess you dont have an issue with that either. He mistreated me as well even though he DID look at magazines with photos of women in them. A women to him is something between a human and an animal. So putting women in magazines will definitely solve the issue;)

what? What

marina

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:31 am
I dk if it will help but I signed

sequoia

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:31 am
amother wrote:

I know a boy (I was married to him) who looked at pictures/movies and I found a condom on his shelf, so I guess you dont have an issue with that either.

Can you spell out the logical argument here? LOL

marina

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:33 am
amother wrote:

I'm sorry you had a horrible experience with an unfaithful spouse, but it had nothing to do with whether Mishpacha includes a picture of the rebbetzin to go with the five page article about her, or if they just insert a picture of her husband or her desk.

centurion

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 12:46 am
happyone wrote:

This is precisely the problem. is there not a difference between trashy tabloid pics and what the heavily edited version of what could be in a right wing magazine?
Who cares? well, I don't care much in the fact that I continue to buy magazines without pictures of women because I enjoy their content (for the most part). but I sometimes wonder why the men can get pictures in their byline and women can't. a byline picture is as classy and parve as it can get. or why when one needs to put a stock photo of a chuppah, they use mitzvah kinder as props instead of the dime a dozen photos in every wedding album in (insert massive right wing orthodox community here.) or when an article of reb. jungreis A"H writes about her noble presence, why we can only imagine it instead of seeing it?

daagahminayin

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 1:08 am
I'm not sure if it will work but I signed because it's worth a try for the price of a subscription!

Ima_Shelli

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 1:13 am
happyone wrote:

I do think there should be an alternative to Shop Rite magazines with women splashed all over the cover and inside pages. I don't think that alternative excludes female images entirely. I worry about the message that it sends when we think the only two alternatives are either excluding female images completely or having splashy Shop Rite magazines. I think there is a beautiful, holy, tzanuah middle ground.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 1:25 am
amother wrote:

Sorry about your excuse of an ex
What he did had nothing to do with movies or pictures. Or magazines. He was just a bad sad human.
I "let" my husband watch movies. He is a big boy. I watch movies too. It's been almost six years and our intimate life has never been better.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 1:28 am
No I do not want pictures of women in the frum magazines. I actually think I would stop buying it if they did have pictures of women. I think it's a complete lack of tznius.

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 1:32 am
happyone wrote:

It is ridiculous to argue that if you don't like "Ami," then "Cosmo" or "Elle" is an adequate substitute.

OTOH, I do agree with the statement: You don't like it, don't purchase those magazines.

These magazines are under financial pressure from various groups to excise women from their pages or face boycotts. You should push back by counter-boycotting. If women refused to buy these publications unless they abandon these misogynistic policies, it would have an impact.

I find it amazing that women pay to be insulted.

Dissatisfaction with this no-women policy seems to be rather common to many (obviously not all) readers of these publications. I am not familiar with these publications; has nobody started a competing magazine which does *not* erase women from their pages?

hila

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 2:32 am
amother wrote:
No I do not want pictures of women in the frum magazines. I actually think I would stop buying it if they did have pictures of women. I think it's a complete lack of tznius.

Is this a Purim post ?
Are you serious ?

I do not understand. No one is asking for naked pics. Just nice pictures of frum women or little girls.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 3:06 am
hila wrote:
Is this a Purim post ?
Are you serious ?

I do not understand. No one is asking for naked pics. Just nice pictures of frum women or little girls.

No it is not a Prim post. Frum men should not be looking at pictures of women if there is no need for it.

fs

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 3:10 am
I just heard this last night from my husband,
When Reb. Batsheva Kanievsky a"h was nifteres, they brought her biography to Rabbi Kanievsky, he asked why is there a pic. of me put a picture of the nifteres, she's the one the book is about, give her the credit.

I don't see that posting relevant pictures as a lack of tznius. Again, I don't think we should flaunt pictures of female or male. To me, some advertisements in these magazines feature pic. of men in a flashy way. But that's just my sensitivity. But non provocative images of male as well as female are expected of a Frum magazine. I think if it's wrong for women then it's wrong for men. Tznius applies to both of us. A person's face is not a breach of tznius.
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics