Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Where to buy tznius dresses for a teen OOT
Previous  1  2

eschaya

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 9:26 am
amother wrote:
Quote:
question re some of your links... I live very OOT and I'm not up to date on frum styles, but my sil says that wearing shells is now a "no no". Some of the links above would require shells for those who adhere to BY tznius parameters. Would you recommend using a shell (ie, my sil is wrong), or some alternative? I"m looking for myself and 12 yo tall dd.

I also live pretty OOT which means that most people don't really follow the frum styles so strictly. Yes, knit dresses and pom poms are all the rage here, but any of those dresses would also still be fine with a shell. But it really depends on how "in" you need to be

I'm very OOT, have no need to be "in". Was just curious.
I actually ordered a bunch of dresses from asos and amazon last night for myself and my daughter.
Thanks so much!

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 9:52 am
srbmom wrote:
Can you give me a little more details of what she likes?
Florals, solids, will she wear a shell under, are you looking only for dresses or also skirts...?
Also, how old is she? 13 yr old style is very different than 17 yr old style

Here a few things I saw looking quickly - not sure this is at all what you have in mind

http://us.asos.com/asos/asos-k.....umn=1

http://us.asos.com/asos/asos-m.....umn=3

http://us.asos.com/asos/asos-s.....umn=1

http://us.asos.com/asos/asos-m.....umn=1

I'm not the OP but thank you for the links! I can't wait till my teens get home and I run these by them.

For those of you who shop on Asos, please share with this newbie (me). How do you narrow down your choices so you know where to find stuff? I went on for the first time and came up with like 3000 dresses, most totally inappropriate for a BY-type teen....what do you use in your search to narrow that down to stuff that makes sense?

Also, how is the quality from Asos? Compare to a store you would find in the mall, what would you say?

How is the sizing? Does it run true to size?

Thanks much!

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 10:06 am
Chayalle wrote:
I'm not the OP but thank you for the links! I can't wait till my teens get home and I run these by them.

For those of you who shop on Asos, please share with this newbie (me). How do you narrow down your choices so you know where to find stuff? I went on for the first time and came up with like 3000 dresses, most totally inappropriate for a BY-type teen....what do you use in your search to narrow that down to stuff that makes sense?

Also, how is the quality from Asos? Compare to a store you would find in the mall, what would you say?

How is the sizing? Does it run true to size?

Thanks much!

I am OP and I have all the same qs! We are also BY and when I first went on, I didn't see anything good. I am interested in your answers to Chayelle's questions. I haven't had time to look at the new links (posted since I went to bed last night), but my daughter and I will look at them later today.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 11:05 am
My experience with ASOS, was that I never could narrow it down, so I just searched through all the 3,000 dresses. I would also warn you to pay attention to the sizing because some dresses are listed in US and some are UK. They have a size chart that you can convert. Also I found each article of clothing to have a different level of quality. So I just order and then return if I don't like it. On the most part, I was happy with quality. Very easy returning.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 11:37 am
Oh boy....that sounds awful - searching thru all those dresses. I was hoping there was some quick and easy tip I'm missing here....

Thanks for the sizing info.

srbmom

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 11:43 am
Quote:
So I just order and then return if I don't like it. On the most part, I was happy with quality. Very easy returning.

Ditto to this. I have found their sizing to be inconsistent and their quality to be okay to great. I usually order a bunch of stuff and return a majority of it. Shipping takes about 2 days to get to me and they have the easiest returns - just fill out the return form, stick the preprinted label back on the bag and put in the mailbox.

To search let's say for dresses, I would go to dresses, on the left refine first by length "midi", then range "main collection" and I usually also do "tall", then by size. I wear about an 8, so I would check off 6, 8, and 10. And then I'd refine by price - usually up to about $60-70

With all that I'm left with 597 dresses - I usually scroll through all of them after that. It sounds like a lot but most of them I don't even have to glance at to know not to click on it.

It's definitely an overwhelming site, but if you go in knowing that, you're sure to find some great stuff

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 7:56 am
amother wrote:
Sounds just like my sister --
I know two websites she's had good finds at are asos.com and shein.com
She's also found some things at Forever 21, but their online return policy is not great

Just wanted to thank you amother, we did really well at shein.com. We found so many things they like, but I didn't want to order too many the first time. From this first order I got a few dresses and a skirt for my dds and a shirt for myself. The quality isn't great, but the prices are. I just finished putting in another order, my girls are thrilled.

THANK YOU!

return2You

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 8:57 am
I love the Nordstrom rack app/ I always find great deals in great brands. Every so often they have a sale on Go Couture Modest dresses- I find dresses for 30 bucks. ( they retail 100 dollars in local stores)

amother
Green

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 9:09 am
psa: according to their site, shein.com does not have free returns

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 10:34 am
Quote:
Just wanted to thank you amother, we did really well at shein.com. We found so many things they like, but I didn't want to order too many the first time. From this first order I got a few dresses and a skirt for my dds and a shirt for myself. The quality isn't great, but the prices are. I just finished putting in another order, my girls are thrilled.

THANK YOU!

Oh wow! I am so happy to hear! and thank you for coming back to update Very Happy
Enjoy the clothing and have a great yom tov

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 11:08 am
OP here. Thanks everyone again! my picky daughter didn't like anything on these sites, even though I thought some things were good. We ended up getting from styledchild.com, a frum site. As long as she has something!!

Gut yuntif everyone!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children