Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Camp Directors: Reasonable Salary?

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 7:15 pm
How much do you get paid as a sleepaway camp director?

If you are a supervisor or head of a division at sleepaway camp, how much is the salary?

TIA

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 9:27 pm
There are so many variables, it's hard to give an answer. For example: how big is the camp, are you expected to work before/after camp and how much, are you the only/main person responsible or do you have (adult) assistants, how old you are and how many years you've been working at the camp, what perks are you getting (ie 6 children in camp for free plus a mother's helper for you)... absent the answer to the previous questions, I'm just taking a stab in the dark (so take it with a grain of salt) and will you tell you $10k is reasonable.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 9:50 pm
sleepaway camp director isn't a full year position in the frum world?

I'm BT with no experience with frum camps. interesting. How does everything get done if it's not mostly a year round position?

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 16 2017, 10:52 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
sleepaway camp director isn't a full year position in the frum world?

I'm BT with no experience with frum camps. interesting. How does everything get done if it's not mostly a year round position?

In a big camp, there are several levels of leadership, and in a small camp, there isn't as much to direct. Director, to me, indicates some level of planning involvement but it doesn't necessarily need to take all year. As amother above said, there are a zillion variables.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics