Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Some "hugs" are truly pathetic and immature
Previous  1  2  3

justforfun87

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 2:00 am
Funny, I was also going to start a hugs thread but totally not in agreement with you. I see people get so triggered when someone hugs their posts. I don't even go back to my posts to see if I got likes or hugs. Why are people so triggered by the hug button? People press it in support, press it in agreement, press it to be silly. Who cares?!

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 2:13 am
justforfun87 wrote:
Funny, I was also going to start a hugs thread but totally not in agreement with you. I see people get so triggered when someone hugs their posts. I don't even go back to my posts to see if I got likes or hugs. Why are people so triggered by the hug button? People press it in support, press it in agreement, press it to be silly. Who cares?!

This^

Iymnok

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 2:32 am
Since those two hearts were added, I've wanted to hit that button since I sometimes see it as a Lev button, not a hug button.
Sometimes a person needs love, but not hugs.

Maybe My Family

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 7:58 am
oliveoil wrote:
as should you

I have an honest question here .... does being rude make you feel good about yourself ? Trying to figure out how your brain was wired

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 8:25 am
justforfun87 wrote:

If someone hugs me in that passive aggressive way, I honestly don't care.
But on the thread that triggered this post, I thought it was so strange that only the Yiddish/unusual names got hugs. And I felt bad for the posters! What if the poster who likes the name "Fraidy" now feels bad that someone mocked her (and basically implied "I feel so bad for you that you like that name!")? It really struck me as immature.

Laiya

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 8:34 am
oliveoil wrote:
Until there's a dislike/disagree button, people will keep using the hug button to show that.

I do it and I would do it even if it showed the name.

I really don't think it's such a big deal. Honestly, you shouldn't be on the internet if you're that sensitive.

It isn't a very helpful way of communicating

cnc

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 9:42 am
oliveoil wrote:
Until there's a dislike/disagree button, people will keep using the hug button to show that.

I do it and I would do it even if it showed the name.

I really don't think it's such a big deal. Honestly, you shouldn't be on the internet if you're that sensitive.

Is there any reason you can't use your words and state why or what you disagree with instead of taking the immature lazy way out?

I mean if you were conversing with me on the street as a random acquaintance and we disagreed I highly doubt you would give me a hug for that.

saw50st8

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 9:53 am
I think it's pretty immature to be bothered by the immature hugs :-)

gold21

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 10:48 am
saw50st8 wrote:
I think it's pretty immature to be bothered by the immature hugs :-)

Feelings are never immature. Actions are.

CatLady

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 11:05 am
I once got a hug for posting a salad dressing recipe. Somehow, I'm inclined to believe that wasn't a sincere "Thanks for the vinaigrette" hug.

saw50st8

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 11:14 am
gold21 wrote:
Feelings are never immature. Actions are.

Eh. Feelings can be immature. Actions too. You have no idea why people are hugging your post. Everything is conjecture until whoever has hugged you posts "I hugged you because I think you are foolish" or something.

I personally find it better to let those feelings roll right off me. A hug is not harmful in any way really.

I don't actually hug people so I have no skin in this game.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics