Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Best Shaitel No Bangs

ttbtbm

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 4:58 am
I'm looking to get a new shaitel and for the first time in my life want to go the no bangs route. Any recommendations? I really need a peice that will give me a super natural look in the front because I definitely won't wear it if it looks too wiggy.
I cannot do the bang thing anymore. I am so tired of that peice falling into my eyes. I touch it all the time, play with it and it gets oily.
Need something natural that will last.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 5:28 am
I got an alexia that didn't need a stitch of work! It came with layers; I have my sheitel macher blow the hair back and it looks beautiful off my face.
I got another alexia and I'm going to be wearing it with a lace band, because this one doesn't have such a natural hairline. I think a lace band is a good solution for you if you can't find a wig that's perfect on its own.

ttbtbm

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 11:38 am
Thanks!
I've never heard anything of an Alexia. What price range? Do you know how well they last? I'd prefer a better quality wig to one that will look good for only a year.

rednavy

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 11:49 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I got an alexia that didn't need a stitch of work! It came with layers; I have my sheitel macher blow the hair back and it looks beautiful off my face.
I got another alexia and I'm going to be wearing it with a lace band, because this one doesn't have such a natural hairline. I think a lace band is a good solution for you if you can't find a wig that's perfect on its own.

Do you work for them or are related to them? Smile Just curious because I noticed you posted about them very often! Or are you really a thrilled customer?

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 12:57 pm
rednavy wrote:
Do you work for them or are related to them? Smile Just curious because I noticed you posted about them very often! Or are you really a thrilled customer?

Lol I do post about them!
I'm not related, and I don't work for them- just a happy customer.
Maybe it's because I had such a horrible experience with my other wigs (hair falling out since day 1, knotty etc) that I was so surprised I could actually find a comfy, beautiful wig at an affordable price Very Happy

To the poster who asked, it's a new company that just came out last year so I have no idea how many years my wigs will last. The one I bought last year, at a year old, looks brand new. (That might be because I wear it air dried, so it doesn't get burned from styling.)

nicole81

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 1:06 pm
I have 3 clary wigs that are all very natural looking (caveat: I got them through my sheitel macher, one is a custom, and I did not go directly through clary. It's important to work with someone who knows how to style for a natural look). Two have lace fronts plus baby hair, and one just has baby hair. I recommend getting both or either/or for the most natural look. Plus a naturally textured wig (very wavy or curly) will always look the most natural.

I wash my wigs once in a blue moon, dry them and clip up the front overnight, and I'm good to go. People sometimes don't realize I'm even covering my hair, and other times when they do, I often get comments from complete strangers about how they've never seen such a natural looking wig.

N'sMom

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 1:08 pm
What is a lace band?

Jstar

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 10:02 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I have 3 clary wigs that are all very natural looking (caveat: I got them through my sheitel macher, one is a custom, and I did not go directly through clary. It's important to work with someone who knows how to style for a natural look). Two have lace fronts plus baby hair, and one just has baby hair. I recommend getting both or either/or for the most natural look. Plus a naturally textured wig (very wavy or curly) will always look the most natural.

I wash my wigs once in a blue moon, dry them and clip up the front overnight, and I'm good to go. People sometimes don't realize I'm even covering my hair, and other times when they do, I often get comments from complete strangers about how they've never seen such a natural looking wig.

Nicole 81 - your wig experience is amazing! I'm so happy for you!! Who is your stylist/ cutter/sheitel macher?

Learning

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 10:26 pm
I know that dini looks extremely natural

snoopy613

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 10:42 pm
what is the price range for an alexia?
thanks

Ruchel

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 4:26 am
Baby hair. But you must try it on. I never do bangs (I detest) and you have to shop for the right one. Though not all mind if it's wiggy

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 5:38 am
snoopy613 wrote:
what is the price range for an alexia?
thanks

I think between 600-900 depending on length or something around that

Pinny

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 8:17 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I think between 600-900 depending on length or something around that

Who sells alexia wigs?

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 8:21 am
Pinny wrote:
Who sells alexia wigs?

@alexiawigs

Someone in Lakewood. Check out her insta for her contact info (or pm me)

nicole81

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 12:44 pm
Jstar wrote:
Nicole 81 - your wig experience is amazing! I'm so happy for you!! Who is your stylist/ cutter/sheitel macher?

I use Raquel Schockett in Brooklyn. I have a bunch of wigs done by her over the years that I'm happy with, but by far the most natural ones are the ones that have texture to begin with (plus the baby hairs and/or lace front).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels