Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Philadelphia zoo question

sourstix

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 8:04 am
Hi, anyone can tell me what their experience was? If you have gone to Bronx zoo is it comparable? I'd like to stay away from going to ny because a- I've been there too many times b- I want to avoid traffic

Anyone?

esuss

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 8:09 am
The Philadelphia zoo in my opinion is way better than the Bronx zoo. I have been to both.
Philadelphia zoo is smaller and because of that it is more enjoyable. You can get closer to the animals and you don't have to walk a mile between exhibits. They have some exotic animals. They have a petting zoo / climbing area for children.
Enjoy.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 8:13 am
We just took my baby there the day after his surgery. We loved it! Enjoyed it much more then the Bronx zoo. You were able to get much closer to the animals. Make sure to go see the baby gorilla! And the tigers!

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 12:26 pm
Anon b.c I live here Smile
Yes, it is a great zoo! We've take our kids their many times and usually get a season pass.
Lots of different exhibits: indoors and outdoors.
Not sure about traffic as we live here.
Good luck!

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 12:57 pm
Gosh, I must be tired. I read the title as "pedophilia zoo question"

PAMOM

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 5:05 pm
Always had a membership when the kids were young. It's very easy to see a lot (or a little, if you prefer). Fewer people than the Bronx and much easier to see the animals. Take some ziplock bags and quarters to get pet food on the petting zoo. It's a relaxing activity because of the way it's laid out.

sourstix

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 5:30 pm
Thanks so much to all of you! Wow so many responses.

sourstix

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 5:36 pm
Would like to go on col hamoaed.

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 11:00 pm
Loved the philly zoo and I've been to many. We went almost 3 years ago right after they built walkways for the animals to leave their exhibit and walk around the zoo. It was so cool! There was a tiger sitting right above our heads.
Also in philly is the please touch museum which is phenomenal.

bargainlover

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 8:41 pm
Any way to get any sort of discounts ?

sky

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 8:46 pm
We go chol hamoed many years.
- Many times it is worth it to get the family membership because you can go back 1-2 times during the year - including succos chol hamoed and it is just a few dollars more.
- There is a lot of traffic getting into the city many times. Parking lots can get full. Chol Hamoed there are lots of Jews - I don't think it coincides with Easter but last year it was packed with an easter crowd also.
- Its a great zoo - the kids area is fun. My kids loved the bird house and bird 3D movie and Lions. Lots of neat things to see.
- It may be an issue to buy animal food on Pesach to feed the animals
- The best time to go is when the weather is not perfect then the crowds are less. We once used our membership pass on a Sunday with dreary weather and had the zoo to ourselves.
- Agree with PP about the gorillas - last time we were there the mother was busy nursing her baby by the close and carassing his hair. It was amazing and beautiful to see.

Also consider Cape May zoo. It is a great zoo that is free with free parking. The exhibits are fantastic and there is great picnic area with play equipment. Only problem is that is packed with frum yidden chol hamoed so some exhibits are crowded but my kids love it just as much as the philly zoo.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics