Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Switch kids schools mid year. Asking parents and teachers
Previous  1  2

Miri7

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 3:39 pm
Off the top of my head I can think of three kids I know who've switched schools mid-year in the past couple of years. Yes, it's a transition, but they've all done well. It is NOT the end of the world, your kids will do fine, especially if you present it positively and don't transmit worry and concern to them about it.

Also, do some things to ease the transition, as others suggested. When a child transitioned into our school recently, I got an email from one administrator asking me to reach out for playdates, shabbat invites, etc. Other parents will probably be really nice about trying to integrate and include your kids if you reach out to them. Just expect to spend a bit of extra time trying to build up social circles, and communicate with the new teachers about curriculum, etc.

Take a deep breath - it's not the end of the world!! Just take some time to think of actions you can take to make it an easier transition for your kids.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 11:22 am
As a child I switched schools twice in the middle of a school year when my family moved (pre1A and 2nd grade). Even though I was quite a shy child (though a very good student) and I'm sure it must have been hard for me at the time, I do not remember it being traumatic. It was what it was and we dealt with it. Kids are more resilient than we give them credit for.

I also see with my own children (girls in particular) that when there is a new kid they all go out of their way to be friendly and reach out to her. Hopefully your children will be the grateful recipients of a warm welcome!

You're doing what you need to do and b'ezras Hashem your whole family will have the strength to cope with the challenges and will thrive in your new home. Hatzlacha!

littleprincess

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:10 pm
I didn't read all ur responses. Just wanna let op know that I did it and my child was perfectly fine.
I moved to a different country after pessach. His new Cheider welcomed him in such a nice way. The boys were thrilled to have a new boy in the class. The first week he came home every day with little prices and welcome notes from every boy. It was so heartwarming.

Your child(ren) will be fine if ur positive about the change. It could be hard so they need lots of support at home

Good luck with ur move. Hope u will settle well
משנה מקום משנה מזל

All the best

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 11:08 pm
We switched mid-year. We wanted to move to a certain city and were just waiting for a job offer. The job offer came in January and we had 3 months to give notice to old job and make moving arrangements. I couldn't ask the job to wait until summer for me to start.

As it turned out the kids were out of school from after Purim until after Pesach, and my youngest, who was in preschool, did not start school at all until the next year. Not the most ideal but we did what we could.

Ahuva

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 11:30 pm
I moved mid February and it was bh a wonderful transition.

puredaughter

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 6:17 am
We're moving out of state in two weeks with two school age kids. They'll start in new schools after Pesach. Everyone thinks we're absolutely nuts! Except for the principal of the girls school where we will be sending our daughter. She says it will be a breath of fresh air for the class! I agree with previous posts that I think my kids will get more positive attention coming now than if they started at the beginning of the year. Either way, this is the way HaShem planned it, not me. So I know it's the best for them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating