Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Help me find this please

working hard

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 11:26 pm
In the past I have read on here about a free Pesach clothing store where you can take your kids and go shopping for them. Does anyone know anything about it or have other ideas for me.
Until now, clothing expenses for my 4 kids have been about $100 a year - mostly socks and undergarments. The rest have been hand me downs or whatever. For my boys, I am still mostly set but as my girls are getting older it is not working any more - no more childrens place and carters.. on sale (with a coupon on top of that).
Thanks for all your help.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 11:40 pm
Following.
I would love if there were even something that would be less expensive, I don't want to be such a charity case that I take things for free, I'd feel like I'm robbing from tzedakah because I'm not poor but I can't afford store prices either. Is there a wholesale or consignment or something in the Brooklyn/NY area? I've heard there's a great secondhand store in Lakewood but I can't get there.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 11:50 pm
Monsey also has a secondhand store with really cheap prices.

cnc

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 11:51 pm
Where are you located?

cnc

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 11:54 pm
There's Bobbie's Place in Brooklyn. The website seems to be down - does anyone have contact info?

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 11:55 pm
Serendipity in Lakewood

working hard

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 7:47 am
I am in Staten Island and will travel to Brooklyn or Lakewood

momwifedaughter

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 11:17 am
There's a store in Williamsburg on myrtle ace that sells 2nd hand stuff. Excellent condition only for $5 not more. Shoes too. It pays a visit. I forgot the name of the store but it's on myrtle after spencer st. If u want I can find out the name for u

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 11:25 am
Contact Tomchei Shabbos. They steered a friend of mine to free outfits for Pesach. I don't know the organization, but she got vouchers for shoes and vochers for dry goods.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 11:28 am
Bobnies place is made for large families, single moms or people in real financial crises.
For second hand
De ja new is in Lkwd and metzias place is in monsey.
There is a store on 44&13 hes cheap.
Website that are cheap
Crazy8
Old navy
Primark
Gymboree
Amazon
AliExpress
Children's place
H&m
There is a store on 46&13 where benneton is and we found a shell for 7.25$

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 12:40 pm
If you have more details on the location or name of the one in Williamsburg I would appreciate!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 1:06 pm
In Brooklyn there is Bobbi's place and you need people to vouch for you on the application.
Otherwise the girls schools all send home information about an organization who supplies brand new clothes through the schools before pesach that people can sign up for. A friend who's been helped through this says she gets to go choose the clothes and get for all her children including her sons.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 3:38 pm
Wow Ra... Its not enough to be poor and down and out in Boro Park of all places
You need to prove you are for more beesha

Just go to DejaNew
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics