Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Dieting advice and tips?

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 10:34 pm
hi everyone!
I'm trying to motivate myself to eat healthier and add exercise to my life with the goal of feeling healthier and losing some stomach fat. 1 thing in my way is that I have gotten used to eating whatever I want and I'm currently nursing my 8 month old.
So I'm calling out to all people with experience: What worked for you? more meals, but smaller amounts? drinking tons? eating certain types of foods?

also, I'd love ideas of what to do/eat when I feel 'noshy'.
cucumbers? fizzy flavored seltzer?

wish me luck!

musicmom

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 10:46 pm
I went to a dietician which my insurance paid for. It turned out I was "noshy" because I wasn't combining my food groups correctly and eating often enough to feel full. I also work out every day and I lost 40 pounds. Don't worry if you see no results for a long time just keep it up and eventually it will happen. I don't go to the gym though and I own weights, sliders and stretch bands and work out at home. As a working mom I juggle a lot, but you can do things with your kids between sets of weights/push ups/ wall sits/ jumping jacks, etc... there is a lot you can do in your home. Good luck!

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Mar 18 2017, 10:57 pm
music mom- can you elaborate about the food combining?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 7:48 pm
bump plz ppl!

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 7:50 pm
Tell yourself that the kitchen is closed from 8 pm to 8 am (or whatever works for you).

jj1236

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 8:00 pm
What works for me is I eat healthy during the week, don't even think that eating junk is an option, and I eat whatever I want on Shabbos. That way if I look at a doughnut or something during the week I'm not even tempting because I know I could eat it on Shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise