Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
If you could live in any Jewish community, where would you l
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 5:11 pm
amother wrote:
ramat beit shemesh.
I love it here.
so many flavors of frum.

Isn't it largely chareidi?

infj

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 6:39 pm
mille wrote:
Assuming all else was perfect, I'd want to live on Maui, aka not-a-true-community, secluded but with barely enough Jewish infrastructure to get by. Get a Hawaiian Airlines rewards card so I can flight to Oahu once a month to get meat, eat lots of fish, enjoy the chilled out Hawaiian lifestyle SO FAR from the Keepin Up With the Schwartzes mentality.

That said - I honestly cannot complain. I live in a dream community. What princessleah requests, our community has. It's so incredible and amazing, I wouldn't change it for the world. Hawaii aside, I'm happy where I am, thank God Smile

Where is that?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 6:41 pm
Eretz yisroel!! I wish I can be there now but unfortunately I can't Sad

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 8:15 pm
Zehava wrote:
Pretty sure bayswater fits the bill

I live in bayswater. I keep noticing on here that pple idealize bayswater. There is still plenty of the same garbage as everywhere else. I did not find pple overly friendly when I Moved in, bh I am ok with my social life at this point, but it is not this super warm small tight knit non-judgmental place pple make it out to be. And I have had this convo with others who feel the same way, so I know it isn't just me or my feelings. Add to that that my kids are in school with far rock and 5t kids so u are not avoiding peer pressure there at all.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 10:10 pm
Right where I am right now. It took me a while to figure that out. Finally realized that the gripes I have or had, I just needed to learn to deal or get over it. No place is perfect.

gold21

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 10:49 pm
Very happy where I live B"H, although it's not perfect.

Last edited by gold21 on Sun, Mar 19 2017, 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

happyone

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 10:57 pm
Love where I am but would be thrilled to have a second home in Miami Beach for winter, weekends and occasional mental health breaks .

Wishful thinking for now.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 11:03 pm
amother wrote:
KJ. I love the insularity of it and the religiosity.

The fact that you are using words like religiosity tells me you would be the laughing stock if you did live there

Ilovemaryland

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 11:10 pm
amother wrote:
id like to stay where we live now- a bit less traffic/noise would be great, but besides that im sooo happy we are where we are Smile
lovely community, nice ppl, b``H a job, b``H a school for the kids, b``H kosher food, b``H a mikve, b``H no war threat or frequent natural hazards...I just pray things should stay the way they are.

Do you live in Camelot

Ilovemaryland

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 11:30 pm
Iymnok wrote:
A place with a community and schools in line with my hashkafas.
A place in which I can feel accepted and respected.
A place with beautiful scenery.
A place with easy access to all the basics.
A place with sensitive daas Torah.
A place I could afford.

In Israel.

Shangri La???

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 9:44 am
amother wrote:
The fact that you are using words like religiosity tells me you would be the laughing stock if you did live there

Absolutely not.

This is one of the main things I love about living here. Seriously.
Dh grew up here. When we got married and lived in brooklyn, he LOVED the city life. He was a lot less excited to move up here. But once we moved he likes it. (Except for the daily commute to and from nyc)

Religious life in the city is booming. But has a certain dryness.
Here, there is this spice and sweetness to shabbos and yomtov I haven't seen anywhere.

Me probably will move outside the "shtetl" (village) limits soon. And I'm afraid I'll lose that.

My ideal place would be a mix.

Kj. But the no driving amd no smartphone / internet ban lifted (I'm not sure about the no internet, but I think. I find the insular (to a degree) lifestyle charming. And internet will probably bring that insularity to an end (which iant bad. But it'll lose that charm)

So definetly kj
But enough land all around to live privately (were in a huge condo development now) inside the village limits. (There are lots of private houses here but those are super expensive)
With the no driving ban lifted
And california weather!!!!

I hate the freezing cold.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 10:00 am
mille wrote:
Assuming all else was perfect, I'd want to live on Maui, aka not-a-true-community, secluded but with barely enough Jewish infrastructure to get by. Get a Hawaiian Airlines rewards card so I can flight to Oahu once a month to get meat, eat lots of fish, enjoy the chilled out Hawaiian lifestyle SO FAR from the Keepin Up With the Schwartzes mentality.

That said - I honestly cannot complain. I live in a dream community. What princessleah requests, our community has. It's so incredible and amazing, I wouldn't change it for the world. Hawaii aside, I'm happy where I am, thank God Smile

You'd have me as a neighbor in Maui. Except its so darned expensive.

After that, maybe Atlanta, Philadelphia or Charlotte.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 10:14 am
I am enjoying Cincinnati very much. Quiet, the school is good and CLOSE! Affordable!
People are chilled and open and so nice but they are still mostly yeshivish/right wing, which we need too.

You can't escape peer pressure anywhere, but I am pretty sure it much less so here.

I just wish I didn't have to drive for sooooo long to visit the east coast.

Roots

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 4:19 pm
(if I ddnt have kids amd jobs and blabla bla .were dreaming here righty?)

I would love to move every few years to a differenty community. get to know people, get to know places, get to meet and be a part of a new community.

israeli83

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 5:20 pm
amother wrote:
Eretz yisroel!! I wish I can be there now but unfortunately I can't Sad

Same here!!!

If I was rich, I'd live in Israel and also would love the kids to be exposed to different cultures out of Israel. So in the summer, I'd love us to have like a summer home someplace in the US. But really Israel is the place I wish my kids would grow up.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating